Nasu Town Office
Location of Nasu in Tochigi Prefecture
|• Total||372.34 km2 (143.76 sq mi)|
|Population (May 2015)|
|• Density||67.9/km2 (176/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Bird||Common cuckoo|
|Address||3-13 Terakohei, Nasu-machi, Nasu-gun, Tochigi-ken 329-3222|
Nasu (那須町 Nasu-machi) is a town located in Nasu District, Tochigi Prefecture, in the northern Kantō region of Japan. As of May 2015, the town had an estimated population of 25,281 and a population density of 67.9 persons per km². Its total area was 372.34 km².
Nasu and Iouno villages and Ashino Town were created within Nasu District on April 1, 1889 with the creation of the municipalities system. The three municipalities merged to form Nasu Town on November 3, 1954. In March 2017 an avalanche killed 8 people.
Nasu is located in the mountainous far northeast of Tochigi Prefecture.
The economy of Nasu is heavily dependent on tourism from its numerous hot spring and ski resorts.
- Tōhoku Expressway – Nasu IC, Nasu Kogen SA, Nasu Kogen IC
- Japan National Route 4
- Japan National Route 294
- Nasu Highland (那須高原 Nasu kōgen)
- Nasu Onsen, the collective name given to the various hot springs in the Nasu area surrounding Mt. Chausu. The eight hot springs in this area with accommodation and bathing facilities are sometimes referred to as Nasu Hachiyu (那須八湯) (Shika no yu (鹿の湯), sandogoya onsen (三斗小屋温泉), ōmaru onsen (大丸温泉), kita onsen (北温泉), benten onsen (弁天温泉), takao onsen (高雄温泉), yahata onsen (八幡温泉), shin nasu onsen (新那須温泉)) 
- Ashio Onsen
- Mount Nasu
- Nasu Animal Kingdom
- Mount Jeans Nasu Ski Resort, a ski resort to the far north of Nasu
- Nasu Rindō-ko Lake View (那須りんどう湖レイクビュー Nasu rindō-ko reiku byū), an amusement facility based around the rindō lake, with activities such as a zip-line, boat ride, go-karts, and more.
Media related to Nasu, Tochigi at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Japanese)