National Border Service
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The National Border Service (SENAFRONT) is a specialized and permanent police force, structured and organized to protect Panama's land borders and protect its sovereignty and territorial integrity and to protect life, honor, property and other rights and freedoms of individuals under the jurisdiction of the state, maintain public order, prevent, suppress and investigate the crimes and misdemeanors committed within their jurisdictions.
In case of emergency or an foreign attack on Panama, SENAFRONT is the principal entity of the security forces trained to plan, organize, direct and execute all actions that ensure the security of the territory and population within the sovereign jurisdiction of the territory Panamanian with attachment and loyalty to constitutional and legal order established in the country. Currently it has about 4,000 troops and rising.
It is currently deployed operationally in 7 combat battalions and one logistic battalion. On the border with the Republic of Colombia, the Eastern Brigade composed of: Caribbean Battalion, Central Battalion, Pacific Battalion, Fluvial Battalion, Battalion General José De Fabregas and Support and Service Battalion.
The border with the Republic of Costa Rica is the responsibility of the Western Battalion.
Has a Group of Special Forces which is organized by a Special Forces Battalion and deployed in 3 companies as follows:
- Reconnaissance Company and Combat Anti-Narcotics (RECOM).
- Jungle Operations Company.
- Company Cobra Assault and Infiltration.
- Glock 17 Semiautomatic
- FAMAE SAF 9×19mm Submachine, Chile
- HK MP5 submachine gun 9×19mm, Germany
- Colt M16 Assault Rifle . 5.56×45mm, U.S.A.
- Colt M4 and M4A1 Carbine 5.56×45mm, U.S.A.
- T65 Assault Rifle 5.56×45mm, Republic of China
- AKMS 7.62×39mm Assault Rifle, Russia
- AMD-65 Assault rifle 7.62×39mm, Hungary
- FN FAL rifle Battle 7.62×51mm, Belgium
- SVD Sniper Rifle 7.62×54mm, Russia
- RPK Light Machine Gun 7.62×39mm, Russia
- FN MAG machine gun 7.62×51mm, Belgium
- Saco M60 General Purpose Machine Gun 7.62×51mm, U.S.A.
- PKM General Purpose Machine Gun 7.62×54mm, Russian
- Browning M1919A4 machine gun Media 7.62×51mm, U.S.A.
- Heavy Machine Gun Browning M2HB / Stationary 12.7×99mm, U.S.A.
- Colt M203 40mm grenade launcher, U.S.A.
- RPG-18 rocket-propelled Granada, Russia
- RPG-7 rocket-propelled Granada, Russia
- Semi-automatic pistol SIG-Sauer P228, 9 × 19 mm Parabellum, Switzerland / West Germany
- Revolver Smith & Wesson Model 15, .38 Special, United States
- Semi-automatic pistol FN Browning GP-35, 9 × 19 mm Parabellum, Belgium
- Semi-automatic pistol Glock 17, 9 × 19 mm Parabellum, Austria
- Sub-machine gun FAMAE SAF, 9 × 19 mm Parabellum, Chile
- Submachine gun Heckler & Koch MP5, 9 × 19 mm Parabellum, West Germany
- Sub-machine gun Uzi, 9 × 19 mm Parabellum, Israel
- Personal defense weapon FN P90, 5,7 × 28 mm, Belgium
- Combat Rifle FN FAL, 7.62 × 51 mm NATO, Belgium
- M16 Rifle A1, A2, A3 and M1614, 5.56 × 45 mm NATO, United States
- M4 Carbine and M4A1, 5.56 × 45 mm NATO, United States
- T65 assault rifle, 5.56 × 45 mm NATO, Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Assault rifle AK-47 S, 7.62 × 39 mm, Soviet Union
- Assault Rifle AKM S, 7.62 × 39 mm, Soviet Union
- Assault Rifle AKMS, 7.62 × 39 mm, Soviet Union
- Assault rifle AK-103, 7.62 × 39 mm, Russia
- Assault Rifle AMD-65, 7.62 × 39 mm, People's Republic of Hungary
- M40 rifle A5, 7.62 × 51 mm NATO, United States
- Dragunov sniper rifle, 7.62 × 54 mm R, Soviet Union
- General purpose machine gun FN MAG, 7.62 × 51 mm NATO, Belgium
- M60 Machine Gun, 7.62 × 51 mm NATO, United States
- PK Machine Gun M, 7.62 × 54 mm R, Soviet Union
- Light machine gun RPK, 7.62 × 39 mm, Soviet Union
- Browning Machine Gun M1919 A4, 7.62 × 51 mm NATO, United States
- Heavy machine gun Browning M2 HB, 12.7 × 99 mm NATO, United States
- M203 Launcher, 40 mm, United States
- Rocket-propelled grenade RPG-7, 40 mm, Soviet Union
- Grenade-propelled rocket RPG-18, 64 mm, Soviet Union
- Light machine gun RPD, 7.62 × 39 mm, Soviet Union
- M30 107mm Mortar, U.S.A.
- Soltam 60mm Mortar, Israel
- M19 60mm mortar, U.S.A.
- Humvee (HMMWV) -High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle-
- Jeep J8 Gunship BPV -Border Patrol Vehicle-