National Economics University (Vietnam)
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Trường Đại học Kinh tế Quốc dân|
|Established||25 January 1956|
|Principal||Pro. Dr. Trần Thọ Đạt|
|Students||45 000 ̣̣̣̣|
National Economics University (Vietnamese: Đại học Kinh tế Quốc dân) is a highly reputed university in Hanoi, Vietnam. NEU has diversified training programs at the Bachelor's, Master's and PhD levels in 8 different majors of economics, management and business administration along with 45 different minors. The first rector of NEU was Prime Minister of Vietnam, Phạm Văn Đồng. The annual admissions test to the university is the most competitive in Vietnam. Many students of NEU are people in high positions in Vietnam government and successful entrepreneurs.
The school is regarded as top university in economics in the North of Vietnam with the main purpose to not only train economic knowledge to students but also consult in macroeconomic policies of the government and research on economic managements, especially on international economic subjects. At present, there are about 45,000 students studying in NEU, in addition to 1228 lecturers and staff including 113 professors and vice-professors, 255 doctors and 391 Masters.
Established in 1956 on Government Decree No 678/TTg dated 25 January 1956, the university was formerly named Financial Economics School belonged to the People University System of Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
The Government Decree No 252/TTg dated 22 May 1958 changed the name of the university to Financial Economics University, under the supervision of the Ministry of Education.
In January, 1965, the university changed its name again to University of Economic Planning.
On October 22, 1985, according to Mr. Nguyễn Đình Tứ, minister of Ministry of Education and Training's Decision No 1443/QĐ-KH, the university changed its name to National Economics University.
- Phạm Văn Đồng (Prime Minister)
- Nguyễn Văn Tạo: 1956-1960;
- Đoàn Trọng Truyến: 1960-1963;
- Hồ Ngọc Nhường: 1963-1968;
- Prof. Đỗ Khiêm: 1968-1970;
- Prof. Mai Hữu Khuê: 1970-1982;
- Phạm Hữu Niên: 1982-1984;
- Dr.Sc. Lê Văn Toàn: 1984-1985;
- Prof. Nguyễn Pháp:1985-1987;
- Prof. Dr. Vũ Đình Bách: 1987-1994;
- Prof. Dr.Sc. Lương Xuân Quỳ: 1994-1999;
- Prof. Dr. Nguyễn Đình Hương: 1999-2002;
- Prof. Dr.Sc. Lê Du Phong: 2002-2003;
- Prof. Dr. Nguyễn Văn Thường: 2003-2008;
- Prof. Dr. Nguyễn Văn Nam: 2008-2013;
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Phạm Mạnh Hùng: 2013-2014;
- Prof. Dr. Trần Thọ Đạt: 2014-2018;
- Nguyễn Văn Nam (2011-11-21), Kỷ niệm 55 năm thành lập (1956-2011) và đón nhận Huân chương Hồ Chí Minh (lần 2) của Trường Đại học KTQD (in Vietnamese)
- "KHÁI QUÁT CHỦ TRƯƠNG CỦA ĐẢNG VÀ NHÀ CHO SỰ RA ĐỜI CỦA TRƯỜNG ĐẠI HỌC KINH TẾ QUỐC DÂN" (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- History and Development