National Register of Historic Places listings in Alexander County, Illinois
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Alexander County, Illinois.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Alexander County, Illinois, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 7 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Cairo Historic District||January 26, 1979
|Roughly bounded by Park, 33rd, Sycamore, 21st, Cedar, and 4th Sts., and the Ohio River
|2||Chicago and Eastern Illinois Railroad Depot||November 6, 1986
|3||Dogtooth Bend Mounds and Village Site||May 23, 1978
|Western end of Lake Milligan
|4||Magnolia Manor||December 17, 1969
|2700 Washington Ave.
|5||Thomas J. and Caroline McClure House||November 15, 1996
|Main St., 0.5 miles east of Illinois Route 3
|6||Old Customhouse||July 24, 1973
|Washington and 15th St.
|7||Thebes Courthouse||December 26, 1972
|Off Illinois Route 3
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Alexander County, Illinois.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Illinois
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Illinois
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 9, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Maruszak, Kathleen. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Dogtooth Bend Mounds and Village Site. National Park Service, 1977-07, 5.