Native American Magnet School
|Native American Magnet School|
|97 West Delavan Avenue
|Motto||As Eagles Do Children Soar to Great Heights|
|Website||Native American Magnet|
The Native American Magnet is a magnet school that serves Grades PK-8 on the West Side of Buffalo, New York. The current principal is Ms. Linda Brancatella, and the current assistant principal is Dr. Bogdan Kotnis.
The building was constructed in the late 19th century. The magnet component of the school was established in 1981.
Previous assignment and reason for departure denoted in parentheses
- P.E. Dye
- William S. French
- J.E. Ewell
- Albert W. Crandall
- Montrevelle A. Root
- William C. Kruske
- Vincent A. Carberry
- Frederick Schultz
- Bliss J. Youker
- Mary Galmbachler
- Zella R. Ruslander
- Joseph P. Forti
- Sal T. Fiorella (Director of Audiovisual Equipment - Buffalo Public Schools, retired)
- Thomas Sicignano–?-1984
- Lloyd Elm–1984-1997 (unknown, retired)
- Sixto Indalecio–1997-2007 (Assistant Principal - School 45, named Principal of Harriet Ross Tubman School)
- Maria DeJoy–2007-2008 (Assistant Principal - Community School 53, assigned to Hillery Park Academy)
- Sixto Indalecio–2008-2011 (Principal - Harriet Ross Tubman School, retired)
- (2005, January 12). Sal T. Fiorella, Buffalo School Administrator Dec. 18, 1926-Dec. 29-2004. The Buffalo News, p. B5.
- Heaney, J. (1997, June 23). Retirements, transfers may mean new principals for 10 city - schools. The Buffalo News, p. B4.
- Heaney, J. (1997, September 15). Schools use promotion to fill 11 principal slots. The Buffalo News, p. B5.
- Buffalo Public Schools (2007, July 11). Meeting of the Board of Education: Administrative Appointments.
- Buffalo Public Schools (2008, August 13). Meeting of the Board of Education: Administrative Appointments.
- Buffalo Public Schools (2011, May 25). Meeting of the Board of Education: Principal Appointments.