||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Men's freestyle skiing|
|Representing the United States|
|Winter X Games|
|FIS Freestyle World Ski Championships|
Nick Goepper (born March 14, 1994 ) is an American freeskier from Lawrenceburg, Indiana. He has won three gold medals and a silver at the Winter X Games in the Slopestyle contest, as well as a bronze medal at the Olympic games.
Nick took the gold medal at the 2013 Winter X Games slopestyle. On December 21, 2013, Nick secured a spot on the Olympic team with his second-place finish at the U.S. Grand Prix slopestyle skiing contest at Copper Mountain.
On Friday December the 19th, 2014 Geopper was charged with criminal mischief after he confessed to causing over $8000 in damages to vehicles in a residential area near Hidden Valley Lake, a residential community located in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.
Two months after he committed the Aug. 8, 2014 crimes, Goepper, his father and his attorney met with the officer involved with the incident and confessed, attributing his actions to his depression and anxiety attacks.
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 Nick was featured in a one-hour special on NBC television titled, How to Raise an Olympian. The program, hosted by Meredith Vieira, chronicles the journeys of seven U.S. Olympians and features interviews from parents and coaches along with home video and photos from each athlete's childhood. The event was broadcast on television with live social-media components to enhance each segment.
- 2010 Dew Tour #1 (Breckenridge, CO) 16th place; won wild card spot for Dew Tour Stop #2
- 2011 Dew Tour (Breckenridge, CO) – 2nd place
- 2011 New Zealand Winter Games (Cardrona, Otago) – 3rd place
- 2011 FIS World Championships (Park City, UT) – named 1st Alternate
- 2011 Winter X Games (Aspen, CO) – named 1st Alternate
- 2011 USSA Big Air (Denver, CO) – 5th place team
- 2011 The North Face/North Star PPOS (Tahoe, CA) – 3rd place
- 2012 Nick Goepper Freeride Tour (12/31/12)
- 2012 Dew Tour (Slopestyle) overall standings – 2nd place
- 2012 Dumont Cup (Newry, ME) – 2nd place
- 2012 European X Games (Tinges, Trance) – 6th place
- 2012 USSA Grand Prix (Mammoth Lakes, CA) – 11th place
- 2012 Dew Tour Championships (Snow Basin, UT) – 1st Place
- 2012 Winter X Games (Aspen, CO) 2nd place silver medal
- 2012 Dew Tour (Killington, VT) 3rd place
- 2012 New Zealand Winter Games (Cardrona, Otago) – 3rd place
- 2012–2013 season, current rankings as Jan 2013: 1 place US, 2nd place worldwide (Slopestyle)
- 2013 Visa US Grand Prix (Copper Mtn., CO) – 5th place
- 2013 Dumont Cup (Newry, ME) – 1st place
- 2013 New Zealand Winter Games (Cardrona, Otago) – 1st place
- 2013 Dew Tour (Breckenridge, CO) – 1st place
- 2013 Winter X Games (Aspen, CO) - 1st place (slopestyle)
- 2014 Winter X-Games (Aspen, CO) 1st place gold medal (slopestyle)
- 2014 Winter Olympic Games (Sochi, Russia) 3rd place bronze medal (slopestyle)
- 2014 Dumont Cup, (Newry, ME) 2nd place (slopestyle)
- Goepper's page at Völkl Skis  retrieved January 28, 2012
- Jake Griffin. ESPN Winter X Games 16: Ski Slopestyle Results  retrieved January 28, 2012
- AP (23 December 2013). "Goepper Secures Olympic Spot". Daily Digest. Retrieved 23 December 2013.