The Ninja diet was a form of military rations historically consumed by ninjas. The types of rations consumed included Suikatsugan (水渇丸)(water thirst), Hyorogan (兵糧丸) , Kikatsugan (飢渇丸) (starving circle), Hoshi-ii (or Hoshii),and Katayaki (かたやき).
Hoshi-ii is boiled and dried rice.
Hyorogan was made of glutinous rice, ordinary rice, lotus seed, Chinese yam, cinnamon, adlay, Asian ginseng and sugar. Other source say that Hyorogan was made from wheat powder, saké, sticky rice and carrots.
- "Suikatsugan Pills - Ninja Database [English]".
- Farivar, Michel (2013-05-09). Ninja Tools and Weapons. White Cat Publications.
- Fujie, Kazuhisa; Lane, Matthew; Wyman, Walt (2006-01-01). The Naruto Saga: The Unofficial Guide. DH Publishing Inc. ISBN 9781932897166.
- designthemes (1 December 2016). "Hyorogan Military Rations - Classical Martial Arts Research Academy".
- Cummins, Antony; Minami, Yoshie (2013-07-01). Iga and Koka Ninja Skills: The Secret Shinobi Scrolls of Chikamatsu Shigenori. History Press. ISBN 9780752497327.
- "Ninja's special food".
- Yoda, Hiroko; Alt, Matt (2013-12-18). Ninja Attack!: True Tales of Assassins, Samurai, and Outlaws. Tuttle Publishing. ISBN 9781462908820.
- "The incredible Camp of Ninja". www.ninjaencyclopedia.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- Brinkley, Frank & Kikuchi (1912-01-01). A History of the Japanese People From the Earliest Times to the End of the Meiji Era. Library of Alexandria. ISBN 9781465513045.
- "Faculty of Humanities, Law and Economics Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Mie University". www.human.mie-u.ac.jp. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
|This article related to the martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|