Ishiguro at Otakon 2009
24 August 1938|
|Died||20 March 2012
Saiwai, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
|Occupation||Director, producer, screenwriter, editor|
|Years active||1958– 2012|
Noboru Ishiguro (石黒昇, Ishiguro Noboru?, 24 August 1938 – 20 March 2012) was a Japanese animator who was noteworthy for directing the anime series Space Battleship Yamato, The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Century Orguss, Yōkai Ningen Bem, Megazone 23, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Noozles, and the 2008 completed series Tytania.
He was in a Hawaiian style music band in his youth. Therefore, he was known as an animation director who could actually read musical scores and had made the best use of his previous experience for works such as The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
- "Yamato, Macross Director Noboru Ishiguro Passes Away". Anime News Network. March 21, 2012. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- "アニメ監督の石黒昇さん死去". The Asahi Shimbun Digital. March 21, 2012. Archived from the original on March 23, 2012. Retrieved July 14, 2014.
- "Bonus – Interview with Noboru Ishiguro" with Anime World Order
- Noboru Ishiguro at the Internet Movie Database
- Noboru Ishiguro at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|