Norse Mythology (book)
Norse Mythology is a 2017 book by Neil Gaiman. The book is Gaiman's retelling of several stories from Norse mythology. These stories include the theft of Thor's hammer, the binding of Fenrir and other tales about the Aesir.
The book received positive reviews in The New Yorker, Washington Post and The Times. Kirkus Reviews called it "Superb. Just the thing for the literate fantasy lover and the student of comparative religion and mythology alike."
A ninety minute audio adaptation was broadcast by BBC Radio 4 on Boxing Day 2018 featuring Derek Jacobi as Odin, Colin Morgan as Loki, Natalie Dormer as Freya, and Nathaniel Martello-White as Thor, with the stories narrated by Diana Rigg in the guise of an unexpected visitor ("Mrs Njordsdottir") keeping an inquisitive young boy company in hospital during a blizzard. Gaiman himself was heard in a cameo role as a radio announcement.
- Vera, Ruel S. De. "Thor and Odin story retold by Neil Gaiman with style". Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Haynes, Natalie (12 February 2017). "Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman review – a rich retelling". the Guardian. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- "Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman — northern delights". Financial Times. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Dirda, Michael (14 February 2017). "Review - Neil Gaiman's suspenseful and surprising 'Norse Mythology'". Retrieved 10 May 2018 – via www.washingtonpost.com.
- Waldman, Katy (19 March 2018). "Neil Gaiman Reanimates the Norse Myths—and Loki, Once Again, Is the Most Alluring Character". Retrieved 10 May 2018 – via www.newyorker.com.
- Freeman, Laura (10 May 2018). "Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman". Retrieved 10 May 2018 – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- "Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman". Kirkus Reviews. December 1, 2016.
- Neil Gaiman’s Norse Mythology, BBC programmes. Accessed 13 January 2018
- Natalie Dormer, Colin Morgan and Derek Jacobi cast in Neil Gaiman’s Norse Mythology on Radio 4, Radio Times, 22 November 2018
|This article about a book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|