North Korea national basketball team
|FIBA ranking||T-94 |
|FIBA zone||FIBA Asia|
|National federation||Amateur Basketball Association of DPR Korea|
|FIBA World Cup|
|Appearances||2 (First in 1991)|
|Appearances||6 (First in 1974)|
The Democratic People's Republic of Korea national basketball team (recognized as DPR Korea by FIBA and known colloquially and in the media as North Korea) represents the Democratic People's Republic of Korea in international basketball and is controlled by the Amateur Basketball Association of DPR of Korea, the governing body for basketball in North Korea.
In December 2013, former American basketball professional Dennis Rodman visited North Korea to help train the national team after he developed a friendship with President Kim Jong-un during his first visit to the country in February 2013. Rodman's visit and a match between the North Korean team and former NBA stars was depicted in the 2015 documentary film Dennis Rodman's Big Bang in Pyongyang.
The following is the North Korea roster in the men's basketball tournament of the 2010 Asian Games.
|North Korea roster|
- Basketball in North Korea
- Ri Myung-Hun
- North Korea national under-19 basketball team
- North Korea national under-17 basketball team
- North Korea women's national basketball team
- "FIBA Ranking for Men". Fiba.Com. 3 October 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Rodman returns to North Korea amid political unrest". Fox News. 19 December 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "DPR Korea - Roster". FIBA Asia. November 12, 2010.