Notre Dame Academy, Patna
|Notre Dame Academy|
Notre Dame Academy Main Building
Patna, Bihar, 800013
|Motto||"Lead Me From Darkness To Light"|
|Area trustee||Miss Sheenam Gupta|
|Director||Sister Mary Neeta SND|
|Principal||Sister Mary Jessy SND|
|Classes offered||1–12th grade|
|Medium of language||English|
|Hours in school day||6 hours|
|Houses||Blue, Green, Red, Yellow|
|Accreditation||Central Board of Secondary Education|
The first Notre Dame School in India was founded in Jamalpur, Bihar in 1950. The Notre Dame Academy, Patna was founded on February 2, 1960, under control of the Patna Notre Dame Sister's Society by Sister St. Thomas SND, Sister Mary Freda and Sister Sushila. It is associated with the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Patna.
The society was founded in 1804 by St. Julie Billiart (1751–1816) as Congregation of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in France. From there the Congregation of the Sisters of Notre Dame was formed in Coesfeld, Germany, in 1850, from where the mission spread, offering educational, social and medical services.
Today, it is a girls' school in the city, with an emphasis on extracurricular activities along with studies. It has a Montessori section which allows co-education. The school is associated with SPIC MACAY programs.
It supports Julie School, a school system for the poor who cannot afford to pay for their education. Notre Dame celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 2009.
- Principal – Sister Mary Jessy SND
- Headmistress – Sister Neha SND
- Director – Sister Mary Neeta SND
"Lead Me From Darkness To Light".
- CBSE's +2 course exclusively to girls, Notre Dame Academy... The Times of India, June 24, 2008.
- Notre Dame girl declared 'brain' of Patna The Times of India, July 15, 2002.
- "Our Mission in India - Sisters of Notre Dame, Chardon, Ohio". Sisters of Notre Dame, Chardon, Ohio. Retrieved 2016-11-20.
- The Catholic directory of India, by Pious Society of St. Paul, Catholic Church. Bishops' Conference of India. Published by St. Paul Publications., 1972. Page 355.
- About Notre Dame Academy
- Notre Dame kids present lively music concert The Times of India, December 1, 2001.
- The two-day science exhibition organised by the Parents Teachers Association, Notre Dame Academy, Patna.. The Times of India, December 7, 2000.
- 90 percenters all around in city The Times of India, May 30, 2007. "The girls of Notre Dame Academy also fared well. "As many as 154 of the 155 students secured first division," said school principal Sister Jayashree."
- Shovana Narayan performs at Notre Dame Academy The Times of India, August 5, 2004.
- Notre Dame Academy Almuni Association... The Times of India, February 6, 2009.