This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)
|Antenna spire||291 m (955 ft)|
|Top floor||182 m (597 ft)|
The Olympic Tower (German: Olympiaturm) in the Olympic Park, Munich has an overall height of 291 m (955 ft) and a weight of 52,500 tons. At a height of 190 m (620 ft) there is an observation platform as well as an exhibition commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Tower. Previously in that space was a small rock and roll museum housing various memorabilia. Since its opening in 1968, the tower has registered over 43 million visitors (as of 2018). At a height of 182 m (597 ft) there is a revolving restaurant, which seats 230 people. A full revolution takes 53 minutes. The tower also serves as a broadcast tower, and has one Deutsche Telekom maintenance elevator with a speed of 4 m/s (13 ft/s), as well as two visitor lifts with a speed of 7 m/s (23 ft/s) which have a capacity of about 30 people per car. The travel time is about 30 seconds. The tower is open daily from 09:00 to 24:00.
There is a concept of making Virtual Reality weather timelapse service from Olympiaturm. In case it were implemented, it would become the first tower worldwide with such function.
List of channels
The following radio and television stations broadcast from the Olympiaturm.
Analogue FM radio
- 89 MHz: Radio 2Day
- 92.4 MHz: Radio Horeb/Radio Lora/Radio Feierwerk/Münchner Kirchenradio/CRM/Radio München
- 93.3 MHz: Energy München
- 95.5 MHz: 95,5 Charivari
- 96.3 MHz: Gong 96.3
- 101.3 MHz: Antenne Bayern
- 107.2 MHz: Klassik Radio
Digital radio (DAB)/Digital mobile television (DMB)
- Block 11D: 222.064 MHz (DAB)
- Block 12D: 229.072 MHz (DAB)
Digital television (DVB-T)
- UHF 26: 514 MHz
- DVB-H Mobile 3.0 test
- UHF 34: 578 MHz - RTL Group
- UHF 35: 586 MHz - ZDF
- UHF 48: 690 MHz - ProSiebenSat.1 Media
- UHF 52: 722 MHz: Mixed private channels
- UHF 54: 738 MHz - ARD national programming
- UHF 56: 754 MHz - ARD/BR regional programming (South Bavaria)
Ham radio and television
- Callsign DB0EL
- Callsign DB0TVM
- "Emporis building ID 109448". Emporis. Archived from the original on April 7, 2016.
- "Olympiapark München :: 50 Jahre Olympiaturm – Feiern Sie mit! :: Presse Olympiapark München, Konzerte in München, Veranstaltungen München, Freizeit Sport München, Unterhaltung München".
- "projektname: Olympic Tower weather in timelapse". Archived from the original on 2016-08-28. Retrieved 2016-07-21.