OpenID Connect is a simple identity layer on top of the OAuth 2.0 protocol, which allows computing clients to verify the identity of an end-user based on the authentication performed by an authorization server, as well as to obtain basic profile information about the end-user in an interoperable and REST-like manner. In technical terms, OpenID Connect specifies a RESTful HTTP API, using JSON as a data format.
Open Source Providers
Organizations that have started to use OpenID Connect include Auth0, Authentiq, ForgeRock, Gigya, 10Duke, Amazon, Steam,  Centrify, the Chilean government, Deutsche Telekom, Google, IBM, Janrain, Microsoft, Okta, OneLogin, Ping Identity, Salesforce, the Nomura Research Institute of Japan, VMware, General Electric, i-Sprint Innovations, Norwegian government., Cidaas customer identity management, Quest- One Identity and Onegini
- Authorization, not to be confused with authentication
- SAML 2.0
- "OpenID Connect". OpenID Foundation. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- MitreID OIDC IdP Implementation
- DEX, an OIDC Provider with Pluggable Connectors
- Auth0 OpenID Connect Protocol Reference
- Authentiq Developer Documentation
- OpenID Connect
- 10Duke Identity Provider, 10duke.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- OpenID Connect Support for Amazon Cognito, 2014, Jeff Barr, amazon.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Custom OpenID Connect applications, centrify.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- OpenID Connect en ClaveÚnica, 2016, claveunica.gob.cl
- OpenID Connect @ Deutsche Telekom, 2014, Dr. Torsten Lodderstedt, gsma.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- OpenID Connect, 2016, google.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- OpenID Connect, 2016, ibm.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "Janrain Supports OpenID Connect".
- OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0 support in Azure Active Directory has GA’d!, 2014, Alex_Simons, microsoft.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- OpenID Connect, okta.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Onelogin Supported Platforms and Standards, 2016, Leif Brown, onelogin.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- OpenID Connect, pingidentity.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Inside OpenID Connect on Force.com, 2014, Pat Patterson, pingidentity.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "The OpenID Foundation Launches the OpenID Connect Standard".
- "vmware/lightwave". GitHub. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "OpenID Connect(UAM)". i-sprint.com. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- Onegini OpenID Connect Protocol Reference