Open University of Catalonia
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
|Established||6 october 1994|
|Budget||114,271,000 € (2018)|
|Rector||Josep A. Planell i Estany|
|Affiliations||Xarxa Vives d'Universitats |
Associació Catalana d'Universitats Públiques (ACUP)
European University Association
The UOC offers graduate and postgraduate programs in Catalan, Spanish and English in fields such as Psychology, Computer Science, Sciences of Education, Information and Knowledge Society and Economics. Also, an Information and Knowledge Society Doctoral Program is available that explores research fields such as e-law, e-learning, network society, education, and online communities. It has support centers in a number of cities in Spain, Andorra, Mexico and Colombia.
The UOC's course offering is divided into these Faculties:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Information and Communication Sciences
- Faculty of Computer Science, Multimedia and Telecommunications
- Faculty of Law and Political Science
- Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences
Total cumulative graduates with data from the 2017-2018 academic year: 71,598
The UOC studies promote the following publications:
- Artnodes. A journal about art, science and technology
- BiD. University text on library and information science (co-published with the University of Barcelona)
- Dictatorships & democracies. Journal of History and Culture (co-published with the Fundacio Carles Pi i Sunyer)
- COMeIN.Journal of the Faculty of Information and Communication Sciences
- Digithum. A relational perspective of culture, individual and society in late modernity (co-published with the University of Antioquia - Colombia)
- ETHE. International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education (co-published with the University of Los Andes - Colombia)
- IDP. A journal about Internet, Law and Politics
- Mosaic. A journal about multimedia technologies and communication sponsored by the Faculty of Computer Science, Multimedia and Telecommunications
- Internet Policy Review. Journal of internet regulation (coedited with the Alexander Von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society - HIIG)
- UOC R&I Working Papers
- Oikonomics. A journal about economics, business and society sponsored by the Faculty of Economics and Business
The UOC makes O2, their institutional repository, available to provide open access to digital publications produced by the UOC community in the course of its research, teaching and management activities.
- UNESCO Chair in Education and Technology for Social Change
- UNESCO Chair on Food, Culture and Development
- Miró Chair
- UOC-Telefónica Chair in Design and Multimedia Creation
- UOC- BSA Chair in Applied Research and Data Analysis in Health
- IBM-UOC Chair in Cybersecurity 
- Manuel Borja-Vilell (2018)
- Alejandro Jadad (2018)
- Hanna Damásio (2012)
- Aina Moll (2012)
- Brenda M. Gourley (2011)
- Sir Timothy Berners-Lee (2008)
- Alain Touraine (2007)
- William J. Mitchell (2006)
- Jordi Pujol (2006)
- Tony Bates (2005)
- Josep Laporte (2003) 
- Ivanna Vallespín. "El patronato de la Universitat Oberta nombra Josep Anton Planell nuevo rector". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Facts & figures-Universitat Oberta de Catalunya". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "FAQs. About the UOC". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Where we are. Contact and offices". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Departments and schools". Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Retrieved 30 July 2013.
- "Facts & figures - Universitat Oberta de Catalunya".
- "Chairs - Universitat Oberta de Catalunya".
- "Honoris Causa - Universitat Oberta de Catalunya".