Orientation: A Scientology Information Film
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Orientation: A Scientology Information Film is a 1996 short film shown by the Church of Scientology to people before they attend their first Scientology service. In some places, a confidentiality agreement must be signed before watching it.
The film is hosted by Larry Anderson (who left the church in 2009), and includes uncredited testimonials by Scientologists Kirstie Alley, Anne Archer, Chick Corea, Isaac Hayes, and John Travolta, identified only by their occupations.
In the film's final scene, Anderson says,
If you leave this room after seeing this film, and walk out and never mention Scientology again, you are perfectly free to do so. It would be stupid, but you can do it. You can also dive off a bridge or blow your brains out. That is your choice. But, if you don't walk out that way, if you continue with Scientology, we will be very happy with you. And, you will be very happy with you. You will have proven that you are a friend of yours.
- Touretzky, David S. (2003-12-11). "Scientology's Abusive Release Forms". Retrieved 2006-12-12.
- Church of Scientology Mountain View (California). "Church of Scientology Mountain View: Calendar of Events/Dianetics Lectures". Retrieved 2006-07-16.
- Childs, Joe; Thomas C. Tobin (January 24, 2010). "He wants his money back from Church of Scientology". St. Petersburg Times.
- Tyler Goodboy (2008-08-15). "A brave adventure deep into the Church of Scientology's movie theater". San Francisco Bay Guardian. Retrieved 2008-02-15.
- "Memorable Quotes from Orientation: A Scientology Information Film (1996)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2006-12-12.
- Official website
- Orientation: A Scientology Information Film at the Internet Movie Database
- Review of Orientation at Film Threat
- Orientation: A Scientology Information Film, information at Library of Congress
|This Scientology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|