"Out in the Country" is a song written by Paul Williams and Roger Nichols and performed by Three Dog Night. The song was produced by Richard Podolor, and was featured on their 1970 album, It Ain't Easy. In the US, "Out in the Country" peaked at number 11 on the US adult contemporary chart, and number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on October 17,1970. Outside the US, "Out in the Country" reached number 9 in Canada,
The song, released in the first year of Earth Day, was an early environmental advocacy record. The lyrics were about finding solace outside the city, "before the breathing air is gone..."
- ^ Three Dog Night, "Out in the Country" single release Retrieved January 31, 2015
- ^ Three Dog Night, It Ain't Easy Retrieved January 31, 2015
- ^ Three Dog Night, "Out in the Country" U.S. Chart Positions Retrieved January 31, 2015
- ^ Three Dog Night, "Out in the Country" Canada Chart Position Retrieved January 31, 2015
- ^ David Kent's Australian Chart Book 1970—1992
- ^ "Image : RPM Weekly - Library and Archives Canada". Bac-lac.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- ^ Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Singles 1955-1990 - ISBN 0-89820-089-X
- ^ CASH BOX Top 100 Singles, October 24, 1970
- ^ Whitburn, Joel (1999). Pop Annual. Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin: Record Research Inc. ISBN 0-89820-142-X.
- ^ The CASH BOX Year-End Charts: 1970; December 26, 1970