|Founded||1 January 2001|
Number of employees
|7,300 (As of 2014[update])|
PKP Intercity is a company of PKP Group responsible for long-distance passenger transport. It runs about 350 trains daily, connecting mainly large agglomerations and smaller towns in Poland. The company also provides most international trains to and from Poland.
The company runs the following train categories:
- Express InterCity Premium (EIP, EIC Premium) – domestic high-speed trains (ED250 Pendolino) between major cities with obligatory reservation
- Express InterCity (EIC) – high-standard trains between major cities and popular tourist destinations
- InterCity – affordable express trains with obligatory reservation; higher standard than TLK but the same fare
- Twoje Linie Kolejowe (TLK, "Your Rail Lines") – affordable express trains with obligatory reservation (with some exceptions); lower standard than InterCity. Some night TLK trains provide couchette and sleeper cars. A limited number of shorter-route TLK trains is 2nd-class only.
- Międzynarodowy (M) – international fast train (lower standard than EuroCity)
- Międzynarodowy nocny – international night train (lower standard than EuroNight)