Paradise Roller Girls
|Metro area||Hilo, HI|
|Teams||Hawaiian Honey Badgers (Travel A Team)
Killer Bees (Travel B Team)
Big Island Babes (Junior Derby)
|Venue||Afook-Chinen Hilo Civic Auditorium|
The Paradise Roller Girls (PRG) is a roller derby league based in Hilo, Hawaii. Founded in 2010, the league is member-owned and consists of two teams, the Honey Badgers A-Team and the Killer Bees B-team; both are travel team that compete against teams from other leagues. Paradise Roller Girls home games have attracted at many as 3000 spectators at their home venue, the Hilo Civic Auditorium.
In April 2011, Paradise Roller Girls was accepted as a member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program. In December 2013, Paradise became a full member of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association. PRG received its first WFTDA ranking in March 2015 at 216 overall.
May 2011, PRG played its first home bout against the Maui Roller Girls.
September 2013, PRG won the Hawaiian State Flat Track Derby 2013 "Battle of the Islands" played on Kauai.
April 2014, PRG played and won their 1st WFTDA-sanctioned bout vs Tokyo Roller Girls.
October(17-18) 2014, PRG hosted and won the state championship at the 2014 "Battle of the Islands" at the Hilo Civic Auditorium.
- "Paradise Roller Girls Announce First Derby Bout". 10 October 2010. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Rolling Into the Hearts of Hilo". Keola Magazine. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Fuller, Landry. "Jam On". Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Whittaker, Richard (30 April 2011). "Roller Derby Update 4/30/11 Texies pack their bags for cooler climes, TXRD has double fun in May". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "12 Leagues Accepted into Apprentice Program". WFTDA. 13 April 2011. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "WFTDA Welcomes 22 New Full Member Leagues". WFTDA. 23 December 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Current Rankings". WFTDA. Retrieved 10 September 2015.