Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||441007|
A post office was established at Peoga in 1898, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903. According to one source, Peoga is believed to be derived from an Indian word meaning "village".
Peoga is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Peoga, Indiana
- "Johnson County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 12 November 2014.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 259. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...some villagers have claimed that Peoga is a Native American word for "village"
|This Johnson County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|