Peter Rabbit (TV series)
|Opening theme||"Let's Go!"|
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||57|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||SilverGate Media
Brown Bag Films
|Original network||CBeebies Nick Jr S4C|
|Original release||December 14, 2012– May 6, 2016|
Peter Rabbit is a CGI animated television series that debuted on Nick Jr. on December 14, 2012 in the United States and on the CBeebies channel and BBC One on December 25, 2012 in the United Kingdom. It is based on the character of the same name from the Beatrix Potter children's books. The series debuted in 2012 with a holiday special, Peter Rabbit's Christmas Tale, which was watched by three million viewers in the U.S. The first official DVD of "Peter Rabbit" came out on May 28, 2013, as a Walmart exclusive. it contains the show's first eight episodes on a single disc. On October 11, 2013, Nickelodeon ordered a second season of 26 episodes. The series is also dubbed in Welsh on the S4C channel as Guto Gwningen
The show follows mischievous, charming Peter Rabbit as he overcomes obstacles, outwits predators and avoids danger. Peter wants to grow up to be just like his late father and carries his journal (a guide on how to be a good rabbit) on his adventures with his friends, Cousin Benjamin Bunny and new character Lily Bobtail, in the Lake District of northern England.
- Peter Rabbit – An imaginative and adventurous young rabbit. Unlike the character from the books, this Peter Rabbit lacks shoes. Peter's catchphrase is "a good rabbit never gives up!" (voiced by Colin De Paula (Season 1) L. Parker Lucas (Season 2-present) in the U.S., Connor Fitzgerald in the UK.)
- Benjamin Bunny – Peter's cousin and friend who joins him on his adventures. (voiced by Jorge Pupo in the U.S., Danny Price in the UK.) Benjamin's catchphrase is "rabbits are brave, rabbits are brave..."
- Lily Bobtail — Peter and Benjamin's quick-witted friend who carries many useful objects in her pocket. Lily was created by the production team for the series. (voiced by Michaela Dean in the U.S., Harriet Perring in the UK.) Lily's catchphrase is "I know that for a fact!"
- Mr. Tod – A fox who constantly tries to capture Peter, Benjamin and Lily. (voiced by Mark Huckerby)
- Squirrel Nutkin – A tailless squirrel and the leader of the squirrels. His tail was pulled off by Old Brown. (voiced by Jeff Bennett)
- Mrs. Rabbit– Mother of Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail. Aunt of Benjamin. (voiced by Stephanie Sheh (Season 1) and Kate Koslowski (Season 2))
- Flopsy and Mopsy – Peter and Cotton-Tail's bossy and smug twin sisters. Benjamin's twin cousins. (voiced by Fran Brill (Season 1) and Brittany Harms and Sawyer Niehaus, respectively (Season 2))
- Cottontail – Peter, Flopsy and Mopsy's baby sister. Benjamin's youngest cousin. (voiced by Jennifer Iacono (Season 1) and Aviella Kibel (Season 2))
- Mr. Bouncer – Benjamin's father. Uncle of Peter, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail. He likes to invent many things (often they all go wrong). (voiced by John White)
- Mr. Jeremy Fisher – A frog who Peter, Benjamin and Lily accidentally cause trouble for on occasion. (voiced by Kirk Thornton)
- Jemima Puddle-Duck – A kind, yet very simple-minded duck who knows Peter and his friends well. (voiced by Sarah Bolt)
- Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle – A hedgehog and one of the many townspeople Peter interacts with. She washes the town's laundry. (voiced by Gwenfair Vaughan)
- Ginger and Pickles – Cat and dog who run the village shop. (voiced by J.B. Blanc and Kirk Thornton, respectively)
- Mr. McGregor – A human farmer whose vegetables are the target of Peter. His face is kept hidden from the picture. He is portrayed as an old man who gets winded often.(voiced by Dave Mitchell)
- Tommy Brock – An irritable badger who finds Peter and his friends obnoxious when they wake him up or disturb his possessions. (voiced by John White)
- Old Brown – A short-tempered owl who wants nothing but silence. Thus he would attack anyone who makes a sound within his vicinity. He constantly chases after Nutkin for disrupting the peace. (voiced by Dave Mitchell)
- Samuel Whiskers – A rat who's full name is Samuel Jeremiah Bartholomew Edmond Cornelius Whiskers He is always after an easy meal, preferably cakes and baked sweets. (voiced by Shawn Curran)
- Dr. Warren Bobtail – Lily's father. The Rabbits' family doctor, he has a strong sense of smell. (voiced by Shawn Curran)
- Mrs. Bobtail – Warren's wife and Lily's mother. (voiced by Sarah Bolt)
- Pig Robinson - A friendly pig who lives on a farm with his best friend Mittens. He loves to paint on his easel, and tries mostly to befriend everyone he meets.
- Mittens - A young cat who lives on a farm with her best friend Pig Robinson. While somewhat hostile to Lily, Peter and Benjamin at first, she eventually warms up to them. She is aggressive to Samuel Whiskers, and abhorred the idea of Tommy Brock moving in her farm.
- Mr. Tolly - A tortoise, who, over his many years, has acquainted with many of Peter Rabbit's friends, enemies, as well as Peter's father.
- Jack Sharp - A three-spined stickleback who once knew Peter's father. Often fights with Mr. Jeremy Fisher
- The Shrew - His territory possesses a bountiful field of dandelions, which he guards against Peter Rabbit, or any other rabbit. He once tracked down Peter to his burrow to demand the return of dandelions picked by Peter and his friends. He is the object of Cotton-tail's affection, much to his dismay.
- The Mice - Albert, Louisa and Stanley are two brothers and one sister mice siblings who just want to survive
Fifty episodes of the series have been aired as of 2015.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||29||December 14, 2012||October 7, 2014|
|2||29||October 8, 2014||May 6, 2016|
Season 1 (2012–14)
|No.||#||Title||Original air date|
|1||1||"Peter Rabbit's Christmas Tale"||December 14, 2012|
|2||2||"The Tale of the Radish Robber / The Tale of Two Enemies"||February 19, 2013|
|3||3||"The Tale of Benjamin's Strawberry Raid / The Tale of the Lying Fox"||February 20, 2013|
|4||4||"The Tale of the Greedy Fox / The Tale of the Secret Treehouse"||February 21, 2013|
|5||5||"The Tale of the Angry Cat / The Tale of Mr. Tod's Trap"||February 25, 2013|
|6||6||"The Tale of Nutkin on the Run / The Tale of the Wriggly Worms"||February 27, 2013|
|7||7||"The Tale of Jemima's Egg / The Tale of the Great Breakout"||March 4, 2013|
|8||8||"The Tale of the Lucky Four Leaf Clover / The Tale of the Unguarded Garden"||March 6, 2013|
|9||9||"The Tale of the Start of Spring / The Tale of the Stolen Firewood for the Woodland house"||March 29, 2013 It's springtime! Mr Fisher thinks Peter stole the egg and it wasn't him Peter and his friends get Mrs. Puddle Duck's egg back Peter and his friends think Sammy whiskers took her egg Everyone got mad at Sammy whiskers for taking the egg so Mr Fisher the frog says sorry to Peter they think it was Peter and the springtime party begins; John & Jeffrey and everyone play a game of cards and the fireplace will go out and everyone will freeze if they don't warm up Will Flopsy & Mopsy bring the firewood to the fireplace before it goes out comepletely?|
|10||10||"The Tale of the Big Move / The Tale of the Lost Tunnels"||April 15, 2013|
|11||11||"The Tale of the Dash in the Dark / The Tale of the Grumpy Owl Peter and his friends go to the woods to get a jar full of glowworms for Cotton-Tail's nightlight she isn't the only rabbit afraid of the dark; Peter and his friends get Peter's journal back from Old brown the owl"||April 17, 2013|
|12||12||"The Tale of the Down Hill Escape / The Tale of the Cat and the Rat"||May 6, 2013|
|13||13||"The Tale of the Mother's Day Pie / The Tale of the Mystery Plum Thief"||May 8, 2013|
|14||14||"The Tale of the Hazelnut Raid / The Tale of the Broken Bed"||May 28, 2013|
|15||15||"The Tale of the Hero Rabbit / The Tale of the Falling Rock"||May 30, 2013|
|16||16||"The Tale of the One That Got Away / The Tale of Cotton-tail's New Friend"||September 23, 2013|
|17||17||"The Tale of the Runaway Kites / The Tale of the Surprising Sisters"||September 25, 2013|
|18||18||"The Tale of the Giant Pumpkin / The Tale of the Fierce Bad Rabbit"||October 25, 2013|
|19||19||"The Tale of Cotton-Tail's Cake / The Tale of the Terrible Trap"||November 18, 2013|
|20||20||"The Tale of the Flying Fox / The Tale of Old Brown's Feather"||November 20, 2013|
|21||21||"The Tale of Benjamin's New Map / The Tale of the Wrecked Treehouse"||March 31, 2014|
|22||22||"Tale of the Lost Ladybug / The Tale of Old Rusty"||April 2, 2014|
|23||23||"The Tale of the Stolen Firewood / The Tale of the Runaway Rabbits"||May 29, 2014|
|24||24||"The Tale of the Peek-A-Boo Rabbits / The Tale of Jeremy Fisher's Musical Adventure"||January 31, 2014|
|25||25||"The Tale of the Great Rabbit and Squirrel Adventure"||February 15, 2014|
|26||26||"The Tale of the Squeaky Toy / The Tale of the Flying Rabbits"||April 3, 2014|
|27||27||"The Tale of the Uninvited Badger / The Tale of the Brewing Storm"||October 7, 2014|
|28||28||"The Tale of Jeremy Fisher's Recital / The Tale of the True Friends"||April 14, 2014|
|29||29||"The Search for The Missing Tail"||February 2, 2014|
Season 2 (2014–17)
|No.||#||Title||Original air date|
|30||1||"The Puddleduck Disaster / The Squirrel Hotpot"||October 8, 2014|
|31||2||"The Tunnel Rumbler / The Frightened Fox"||October 9, 2014|
|32||3||"The Great Owl Adventure"||October 10, 2014|
|33||4||"The Best Bowler / The Great Potato Plunder"||December 8, 2014|
|34||5||"Cotton-tail's Treetop Tumble / Perilous Party"||December 10, 2014|
|35||6||"High-Flying Badger / Benjamin's Blunder"||December 12, 2014|
|36||7||"The Tiny Terror / Treehouse Rescue"||December 15, 2014|
|37||8||"The Lost Journal / The Need for Seed"||March 21, 2015|
|38||9||"Heroic Hedgehog / The Bird Trap"||March 28, 2015|
|39||10||"Dr. Bobtail's Adventure / Locked Cage"||March 28, 2015|
|40||11||"Missing Ducklings / Hungry Thieves"||May 2, 2015|
|41||12||"Nutkin's Rabbity Day/Unexpected Hero"||May 2, 2015|
|42||13||"Amazing Mom/ Mom's Precious Things"||May 9, 2015|
|43||14||"The Racing Rabbit/ Fred Snail"||May 9, 2015|
|44||15||"The Saving of the Shrew / Fish Out of Water"||May 16, 2015|
|45||16||"The Kitten and Pig Adventure"||May 16, 2015|
|46||17||"Cotton-tail's Party / The Thing-A-Ma-Jig"||May 23, 2015|
|47||18||"The Big Badger Blunder / Squabbling Squirrels"||May 23, 2015|
|48||19||"Peter's Great Escape / The Great Cake Chase"||May 30, 2015|
|49||20||"Go-Kart Getaway / The New Hideout"||May 30, 2015|
|50||21||"The Christmas Star / Sleepy Hedgehog"||December 17, 2015|
|51||22||"Spectacular Sled / Cotton-tail's Tooth"||February 16, 2016|
|52||23||"Tricky Tortoise / Mice on the Move"||February 18, 2016|
|53||24||"The Unexpected Discovery"||March 21, 2016|
|54||25||"Mittens' New Friend / Flooded Burrow"||March 23, 2016|
|55||26||"Spilled Milk / The First Bluebell"||May 2, 2016|
|56||27||"The Great Tortoise Rescue / King of the Woods"||May 4, 2016|
|57||28||"Musical Mayhem / Missing Journal"||May 6, 2016|
|58||29||"The Journal's End"||TBA|
"Peter Rabbit's Christmas Tale" (Dec 14, at 7 p.m. ET/PT), drew 3 million total viewers and ranked as the number-one program with K2-5 and K2-11 across all TV in its time period. It was also the top-rated and most-watched preschool telecast for the week, posting double and triple-digit gains over last year with K2-5 (6.7/891,000, +196%) and K2-11 (4.7/1.6 million, +22%); and A18-49 (.9/940,000, +73%), making it the week's top preschool telecast.
According to 'By The Numbers', Nickelodeon's brand-new animated series Peter Rabbit hopped to the top of the charts, with its Tuesday, Feb 19 premiere, which delivered 1.7 million total viewers. The new CG-animated series was also basic cable's top telecast in its time period (12-12:30 p.m. ET/PT) with K2-5, A18-49, W18-49 and total viewers, posting double-digit gains for the net with K2-5 (5.7/760,000, +21%), A18-49 (+47%), W18-49 (+43%) and total viewers (+31%).
CBeebies broadcasts of the show have been equally successful with the broadcast on Christmas morning 2012 on BBC1 earning it the highest ratings on any channel in that timeslot.
At the 2014 Emmy Awards, the show bagged three daytime Emmys and scored another five nominations, earning the most nominations for an animated show this year.
- "Adventure Abounds In Peter Rabbit, Nickelodeon's New Animated Preschool Series Premiering Tuesday, Feb. 19, At 12 PM (ET/PT)" (Press release). Nickelodeon. February 7, 2013. Retrieved July 31, 2016 – via PR Newswire.
- "Peter Rabbit". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Nickelodeon Premieres Peter Rabbit with Holiday Special". People Magazine. December 12, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Adventure Abounds in "Peter Rabbit," Nickelodeon's New Animated Preschool Series Premiering Tuesday, Feb. 19, at 12 PM (ET/PT)". Futon Critic. December 12, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Milligan, Mercedes (February 7, 2013). "'Peter Rabbit' Hops to Nickelodeon". Daily Dead. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Chozick, Amy (December 5, 2012). "Bet Your Camomile Tea, Peter, You're a TV Star Now". NY Times. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Peter Rabbit episode 9 The Tale of the Start of Spring
- "Peter Rabbit". TVGuide.com. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "Watch Online Peter Rabbit Season 1 Episode 0 - The Tale of Benjamin's Map (Illegal Software)". watch-series-tv.to. Archived from the original on 11 March 2016. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
P - Peter Rabbit - Season 1 Episode 0 - The Tale of Benjamin's Map
- "Peter Rabbit". TVGuide.com. Retrieved May 7, 2015.
- "The Tale of the Lost Ladybug / The Tale of Old Rusty (Illegal Software)". TVGuide.com. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- "Peter Rabbit — Episode Guide". Zap2it. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- "Dr. Bobtail's Adventure; Locked Cage". Zap2it. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- Milligan, Mercedes (November 12, 2015). "Nickelodeon Decks Programming for Holidays". Animation Magazine. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- Koch, Dave (May 1, 2014). "Peter Rabbit Bags Three". Big Cartoon News. Retrieved May 1, 2014.