|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Plantsville Historic District
Charles Cowles House
|Location||Roughly bounded by Prospect St., Summer St., Quinnipiac River, Grove St., S. Main St., W. Main St., and West St., Southington, Connecticut|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival, Italianate, Queen Anne|
|NRHP Reference #||88002673|
|Added to NRHP||December 1, 1988|
Plantsville is a neighborhood in the town of Southington, Hartford County, Connecticut. It is centered at the merger between South Main Street (road from the Milldale section) and West Main Street (road from the Marion section). As of the 2000 Census there were 10,387 people living in the Zip Code Tabulation Area for zip code 06479, which is assigned the postal city name Plantsville. The Zip Code Tabulation Area includes the entire southwestern corner of the town of Southington, including Marion and Milldale. Beginning in 2015 Plantsville (not including Marion and Milldale) was listed as a census-designated place.
Plantsville is located in the south-central part of Southington at geographical coordinates 41° 34′ 56" North, 72° 53′ 25" West (41.5824, -72.8904). It is just south of the town center of Southington. The CDP border follows Prospect Street and Carter Lane on the north side, Old Turnpike Road on the east, Mulberry Street on the south, and Atwater Street and Interstate 84 on the west. Connecticut Route 10 (Main Street) passes through the center of Plantsville, leading north to the center of Southington and south to Cheshire.
The Quinnipiac River flows through the community, just west of Route 10.
At the time of the 2000 Census there was a total of 10,387 people living within the Plantsville Zip Code Tabulation Area. The Median Age was 38.3. The median home value in Plantsville is $255,500.
The Plantsville Historic District is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. The historic district includes the H. D. Smith Company Building, also NRHP-listed.
There are three schools located in Plantsville: Plantsville School, Strong Elementary School, and John F. Kennedy Middle School.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Plantsville, Connecticut
- U.S. Census data for Plantsville Zip Code Tabulation Area (06479)
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Plantsville CDP, Connecticut". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "TIGERweb". Geography Division, U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- "ZIP Code 06479 Map, Housing Stats, More for Plantsville, CT". www.unitedstateszipcodes.org. Retrieved 2017-04-18.
|This article about a property in Connecticut on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Connecticut state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|