Platja d'en Bossa
|Platja d'en Bossa|
Platja d'en Bossa beach
looking North towards Ibiza Town
|District||Sant Miquel de Balansat|
|Municipality||Sant Joan de Labritja|
|Length||2.7 km (2 mi)|
|Width||0.40 km (0 mi)|
|Material||Natural fine sand of light colour.|
Sea bed: Sand; little depth that gradually increases
Platja d'en Bossa (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈpladʒə ðəm ˈbosə]; Spanish: Playa d'en Bossa) is a major holiday resort on the Spanish island of Ibiza primarily catering for the British, German and Italian package holiday market. It is in the municipality of Sant Josep de sa Talaia and is situated approximately 3.1 kilometres (1.9 mi) to the South of Ibiza Town. The island's main airport is approximately 3.4 kilometres (2.1 mi) away from Platja d'en Bossa.
At 2.7 kilometres (1.7 mi) long, the resort has the longest beaches on the island and is characterised by large hotel complex, restaurants, retail stores and residential property. There are both low and high rise buildings. In the summer months the area is one of the busiest resorts on the island.
Platja d'en Bossa is a popular resort for its many bars and nightclubs. One of the island's so called super-clubs called Space  is located in the resort. This club occupies what was once the islands conference and exhibition centre which failed and was sold. In 1987 it was sold and was opened as a nightclub. In the early 1990s DJs in the club began to carry on their sessions out in the open air terrace next to the club, and so began the legendary after hours parties which feature today. Over the years many world famous DJs have appeared in the club including Carl Cox, Paul Oakenfold, Sasha, Erick Morillo, Groove Armada, Danny Tenaglia and Robbie Rivera. In recent years another venue within the resort has become a popular place for music and events. It is called Ushuaïa and has held events for BBC Radio 1 in Ibiza. Sankeys is also located in Playa d'en Bossa.
- Ibiza & Formentera: 1:50000 (AA Island Maps). The Automobile Association. 2003-06-15. ISBN 978-0-7495-3783-8.
- "Platja d'en Bossa". Reference to the length of the beach and other details. Official Ibiza Tourist Board.
- "Space Ibiza – ranked the best club in the World - 2014". Reference to Space’s top world ranking. Clubbing9ine.
- Armstrong, Stephen (2004). The White Island. reference to the clubs origins and the beginning of after parties at the club. Gorgi Books. p. 303. ISBN 9780552771894.
- "The ultimate A-list resort: Why Ushuaia Beach Hotel is the hottest place to stay in Ibiza (just ask Paris Hilton)". Reference to the Hotels popularity. Daily Mail online. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
|This article about a location in the Balearic Islands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|