Pleasant Plain, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Pleasant Plain, Indiana|
|Elevation||830 ft (250 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||449712|
Pleasant Plain was founded in 1875. It was likely named from its scenic setting. A post office was established at Pleasant Plain in 1875, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905.
Pleasant Plain is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 674.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 267. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...because of the beautiful location of the place.
- "Huntington County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
|This Huntington County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|