Opening Title Card
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8
|Executive producer(s)||Ashton Kutcher
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Katalyst Films|
|Original release||March 9– April 6, 2008|
Pop Fiction is an American practical joke television series that debuted on March 9, 2008 on E!. The series is hosted by Peter Katona, and in the spirit of Punk'd, the show creates fake gossip for the paparazzi.
Is it real, or is it Pop Fiction? Celebrities who try to trick the reporters say the tagline "Is it real, or is it Pop Fiction?" at the end of the clips, similar to Punk'd, where celebrities say "I just got punk'd!"
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Paris Hilton/Avril Lavigne"||March 9, 2008|
|Paris Hilton and a guru drove around Los Angeles, eating, shopping, and eventually going into a hotel.Avril Lavigne puts on a fake baby bump, and went shopping for baby clothes in Baby Kitson in Beverly Hills with her husband, Deryck Whibley and some other close family friends.|
|2||"Eva Longoria/David Spade"||March 16, 2008|
|Eva Longoria and Mario Lopez had a lunch date together in Café Med. David Spade helps a bachelorette party to get into a hip club, Club Villa, and then he leaves with the bride-to-be on the eve of her wedding.|
|3||"Audrina Patridge/Lisa Rinna"||April 6, 2008|
|Audrina Patridge (From the MTV Show The Hills) gets a tattoo with the words "pork fried rice" in Chinese. But while Audrina is getting the tattoo, another star shows up right next to the place she's getting the tattoo.Lisa Rinna has an affair with a younger man on a Malibu beach hotel. Then the next night the paparazzi tell her husband, Harry Hamlin about the affair.|
Pop Fiction appears identical to a treatment that Anna Nicole Smith registered with the Writers Guild in 2004 called "Celebrities Strike Back." Anna Nicole and Howard K. Stern met with Jeff Shore and Jay James, both programming execs for E! and pitched the show and sent Shore the treatment.
- "Episode Detail: Pop Fiction - Pop Fiction". Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Ashton Kutcher's 'Pop Fiction'". Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Paris Hilton/Avril Lavigne: Episode Description". Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Eva Longoria/David Spade: Episode Description". Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Audrina Patridge/Lisa Rinna: Episode Description". Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Anna Nicole to E!: You Screwed Me". TMZ. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Did E! Pinch Pop Fiction Idea from Anna Nicole?". Retrieved 25 November 2012.