Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Comune di Sestino|
The town hall of Sestino
|Frazioni||Calbuffa, Casale, Case Barboni, Colcellalto, Lucemburgo, Martigliano, Monteromano, Monterone, Motolano, Palazzi, Ponte Presale, Petrella Massana, Presciano, San Donato, Valdiceci di Sopra, Ville di Sopra|
|• Mayor||Giancarlo Renzi|
|• Total||80.22 km2 (30.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||496 m (1,627 ft)|
(30 June 2017)
|• Density||15/km2 (40/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The source of the Foglia river is located near Sestino.
- Church of San Michele, in the frazione of Casale, built probably over a Roman edifice. Notable is the apse, with panels having high-reliefs with symbolic decorations in Romanesque style (12th century).
- Church of San Gianni in Vecchio, in the frazione San Gianni. Known from 1297, it includes a pre-existing, pre-Romanesque church with a nave and an apse. It has a square bell tower with mullioned windows.
- Pieve di San Pancrazio (9th-10th century), built over the Roman Curia Augusta. Of the original medieval edifice the crypt survives, with walls decorated by blind arches and columns and High Middle Ages sculptures. The Romanesque apse is from the 12th century, while the façade was remade in the late 17th century and the two aisles were suppressed in 1784. Notable is also the sandstone altar (1259) supported by a Roman cippus (374)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sestino.|
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|This Tuscany location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|