From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sep13: Rafael Nadal defeated Novak Djokovic in the final of the 2010 US Open by a score of 6–4, 5–7, 6–4, 6–2 to claim his first US Open title and ninth grand slam title for his career, which the win gave his a career grand slam being only the seventh player to do so in men's singles.
- Sep11: Kim Clijsters defeated Vera Zvonareva in the final of the 2010 US Open by a score of 6–2, 6–1 to claim her third US Open and grand slam title for her career.
- Jul4: Rafael Nadal defeated Tomáš Berdych in the final of the 2010 Wimbledon Championships by a score of 6–3, 7–5, 6–4 to claim his second Wimbledon title and eight grand slam title for his career.
- Jul3: Serena Williams defeated Vera Zvonareva in the final of the 2010 Wimbledon Championships by a score of 6–3, 6–2 to claim her four Wimbledon title and thirtenth grand slam title for her career.
- Jun6: Rafael Nadal defeated Robin Söderling in the final of the 2010 French Open by a score of 6–4, 6–2, 6–4 to claim the fifth French Open title for his career and seventh grand slam title for his career.
- Jun5: Francesca Shiavone defeated Samantha Stosur in the final of the 2010 French Open by a score of 6–4, 7–6(2) to claim the first grand slam title for an Italian female tennis player.
- Jan31: Roger Federer defeated Andy Murray in the final of the 2010 Australian Open by a score of 6–3, 6–4, 7–6(13–11) to become only the second men in the Open Era to have won four titles at the Australian Open, which he tied Andre Agassi. This was his 16th slam title for his career, which is most amongst men's tennis players all-time, and separates him from Sampras' fourteen by two on the all-time list.
- Jan30: Serena Williams defeated Justine Henin in the final of the 2010 Australian Open by a score of 6–4, 3–6, 6–2. This win was her 12th slam title in her career tying her with Billie Jean King on the all-time list at number six, but in the Open Era she surpassed Margaret Court's 11 mark becoming number four behind Steffi Graf at 22, Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova at 18 slam titles. In addition, Williams won her 5th Australian Open Women's Singles title, which is a record, and she bested the mark of four by Margaret Court, Evonne Goolagong, Steffi Graf, and Monica Seles. This is old news now.
- Sep14: Juan Martin del Potro upsets Roger Federer to take the 2009 US Open in five sets by a score of 3–6, 7–6(7-5), 4–6, 7–6(7-4), 6–2 to take the crown and become the tallest player ever to win a Grand Slam title. In addition, del Potro became the second male tennis player from Argentina to win a slam, and the first was Guillermo Vilas.
- Sep13: Kim Clijsters defeated Caroline Wozniacki in the final of the 2009 US Open by a score of 7-5, 6-3, which she was the second mother in the Open Era to win a slam title since Evonne Goolagong. Furthermore, this was her second slam title to go along with her 2005 US Open title
- Roger Federer snatches 2009 Cincinnati Title beating Novak Djokovic in the final 6-1, 7-5
- Juan Martin del Potro wins Washington final for second straight year. Beating 2009 Wimbledon finalist Andy Roddick in three sets.
- Jul 5: Roger Federer wins his 6th Wimbledon title at the 2009 Wimbledon Championships. This win was an epic against Andy Roddick, which the last set (5th set decider) went 30 games, and Federer won it in 16-14 fashion. This win allowed Federer to join Borg and Nadal as the only two to capture the French Open and Wimbledon in the same year. In addition, Federer became the all-time winner in men's slam titles with 15 overall besting Pete Sampras's 14 titles.
- Jul 4: Serena Williams beats her sister Venus Williams in the final of Wimbledon, which was her third title after her wins in 2002 and 2003.
- Jun 7: Roger Federer beats Robin Söderling in the 2009 French Open final, which allowed him to capture the career grand slam, and he is the third man in the open era to do so after Rod Laver and Andre Agassi. This tournament also marked the first time Rafael Nadal lost in his French Open career, which he lost to eventual finalist Robin Söderling in the fourth round.
- Jun 6: Svetlana Kuznetsova won her first French Open over Dinara Safina, which was her second slam title after the 2004 US Open.
- Feb1: Rafael Nadal defeated Roger Federer in 7–5, 3–6, 7–6(3), 3–6, 6–2 to take his first ever slam title on a hard court surface and this win gave him six slam titles overall for his career.
- Jan30: Serena Williams defeated Dinara Safina by a score of 6–0, 6–3 to take her fourth Australian Open title, which tied her with Margaret Court, Evonne Goolagong, Steffi Graf, and Monica Seles, and this was her tenth slam title for her career.
- Jun 23: Wimbledon begins its 132nd edition. Both Roger Federer and Venus Williams return to defend their respective singles titles, and previous doubles winners Arnaud Clement/Michael Llodra and Cara Black/Liezel Huber defend their respective titles.
- Feb 18: Giorgio Galimberti became the fourth italian man to be found guilty of betting on matches and was banned for 100 days. 
- Jan 27: Novak Djokovic won his first major when he beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 (7-2) in the Australian Open final. 
- Jan 26: Maria Sharapova won her first Australian Open title when she beat Ana Ivanovic 7-5, 6-3 in the final. 
- Jan 14: The Australian Open begins with 30 of the top-ranked 32 male players, and all of the top-ranked 32 women in the world in attendance, and a new hardcourt surface, the Plexicushion, replacing the Rebound Ace which has been used in previous years. 
- Dec 19: Former US Open finalist Mark Philippoussis reveals that a knee injury may cause the end of his career. 
- Dec 17: Roger Federer (pictured) and Justine Henin were named ITF world champions.
- Nov 11: Roger Federer won the 2007 Tennis Masters Cup that was held Shanghai, China after beating David Ferrer in the final 6-2, 6-3, 6-2.
- Nov 11: Justine Henin beat Maria Sharapova 5-7, 7-5, 6-3 in the 2007 WTA Tour Championships that were held in Madrid, Spain.<
- BBC sports (2008-02-18). "Galimberti receives betting ban". The BBC. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- BBC sports (2008-01-27). "Australian Open 2008". The BBC. Retrieved 2008-01-29.
- BBC sports (2008-01-26). "Sharapova wins Aussie Open". The BBC. Retrieved 2008-01-26.
- Waldstein, David (January 13, 2008). "Australian Open preview: Colorful start". The Star-Ledger.
- Yahoo sports (2007-12-19). Yahoo Sports "Philippoussis concedes latest injury could end career" Check
value (help). Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- Reuters (2007-12-17). "Federer and Henin named ITF World Champions". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- ESPN (2007-12-11). "Federer defeats Ferrer in straight sets to win Masters Cup". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- BBC (2007-12-11). "Superb Henin retains Madrid title". Retrieved 2007-12-27.