|• Total||35.8 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.8 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||991 ft (302 m)|
|• Density||19.0/sq mi (7.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1583985|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 35.8 square miles (92.8 km²), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 682 people, 243 households, and 192 families residing in the town. The population density was 19.0 people per square mile (7.3/km²). There were 252 housing units at an average density of 7.0 per square mile (2.7/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.68% White, 0.44% African American, 0.15% Native American, 0.15% Asian, and 0.59% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.15% of the population.
There were 243 households out of which 32.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.6% were married couples living together, 3.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.6% were non-families. 10.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.79 and the average family size was 3.05.
In the town, the population was spread out with 23.9% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 29.6% from 25 to 44, 28.6% from 45 to 64, and 11.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females, there were 117.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 117.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $51,964, and the median income for a family was $54,063. Males had a median income of $32,750 versus $26,667 for females. The per capita income for the town was $23,935. About 2.1% of families and 4.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.3% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
- Albert J. Baker, Wisconsin Representative, was born in Primrose.
- Charles S. Eastman, South Dakota lawyer and politician, was born in Primrose.
- Clarence Gonstead, chiropractor, lived in Primrose as a child.
- Harvey Marion LaFollette, Indiana educator and politician, founder of LaFollette, Tennessee was born in Primrose.
- Robert M. La Follette Sr., Wisconsin governor and United States senator, was born in Primrose.
- Eli Pederson, Wisconsin State Representative, lived in Primrose.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Wisconsin Very Small Towns and Villages (fewer than 1000 residents) - Real Estate, Housing, Schools, Residents, Crime, Pollution, Demographics and More". www.city-data.com. Retrieved 2018-04-10.