Quicker Than the Eye
(Redirected from Quicker Than The Eye)Jump to navigation Jump to search
dust-jacket from the first edition
|Cover artist||Bernie Fuchs|
|Genre||Fantasy, science fiction|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
|LC Class||PS3503.R167 Q53 1996|
- "Unterderseaboat Doktor", which features, as a psychiatrist, a former submarine captain in Hitler's undersea fleet, making connections between sub-marine and sub-conscious.
- "Zaharoff/Richter Mark V", a speculation on why so many major cities are in such dangerous locales.
- "Remember Sascha?"
- "Another Fine Mess", a homage to Laurel and Hardy; a sequel to "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair".
- "The Electrocution"
- "The Finnegan", a tall tale in a Victorian mood.
- "That Woman on the Lawn, a tangential episode in the same "universe" as Something Wicked This Way Comes
- "The Very Gentle Murders", a fantasy of marital strife
- "Quicker Than the Eye", which visits another carnival act.
- "Dorian In Excelsis", which pays homage to Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray
- "No News, Or What Killed the Dog?"
- "The Witch Door"
- "The Ghost in the Machine"
- "At the End Of the Ninth Year"
- "Once More, Legato"
- "Free Dirt"
- "Last Rites"
- "The Other Highway"
- "Make Haste To Live: An Afterword", in which the author writes of writing and the back-stories of some of the stories in this collection.
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento. "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (1984-1998)". Retrieved 2007-12-12.
|This article about a collection of short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|