Verma in 2014
|Alma mater||Delhi College of Arts and Commerce,|
|Occupation||Social Worker & Founder Uday Foundation|
|Years active||2007 – present|
Rahul Verma is a social activist and founder of the Uday Foundation, a non profit organization named after his son, who was born with multiple congenital defects. His work includes campaigning for banning of junk food in schools and related to health and dignity in India.
The foundation supports homeless people with in-kind help, providing clothes, blankets, dry ration and dignity kits. It helps disaster victims with food, shelter, water, sanitation and emergency supplies for the victims.
- "About". Delhi College of Arts and Commerce. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- "One Man's Stand Against Junk Food as Diabetes Climbs Across India". The New York Times. 26 December 2018. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "A lone battle against junk food (Front page of International Edition)" (PDF). The New York Times. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- How Uday's birth defects inspired his parents to create a support system for patients & their families. CNBC TV18. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Blanket Drive for the Homeless - An NDTV and Uday Foundation Effort". NDTV. 4 January 2015.
- "Uttarakhand: Reaching out to villages which haven't received help yet". NDTV. 7 July 2013.
- "Blanket drive' for the homeless". NDTV, YouTube. 4 January 2015.
- "Donate woollens to keep needy in Delhi hospitals warm". Indo-Asian News Service. 3 December 2012.
- "Schools collect relief funds for J&K flood victims". The Times of India. 17 September 2014.
- "Operation Basera, Rehabilitating Homeless" (PDF). Jammu and Kashmir Police. November 2014.
- "Experts warn of worsening health situation in India". CCTV News. 17 April 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Suffering from growth deficiency, these kids need helping hand". Deccan Herald. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Ailing kids to get story therapy at Hinduja hospital". The Times of India. 10 November 2009. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "NGO Leadership & Excellence Awards 2015".