Redondo Beach station
|Location||5301 Marine Avenue|
Redondo Beach, California
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||Racks and lockers|
|Opened||August 12, 1995|
|Previous names||Marine Ave / Redondo Beach Ave|
Redondo Beach is an elevated light rail station on the C Line of the Los Angeles Metro Rail system. It is located over Marine Avenue in the city of Redondo Beach, California, after which the station is named. It is currently the western terminus of the C Line.
The original name for the station was Marine Ave / Redondo Beach Ave, until 2005 when the station was renamed Redondo Beach.
An extension beyond Redondo Beach into Torrance is in the planning stages. The train platform, currently suitable for two-car trains, may be lengthened to accommodate three-car trains to enable increased capacity of the line.
|Platform||Eastbound||C Line toward Norwalk (Douglas) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Eastbound||C Line toward Norwalk (Douglas) →|
|G||Street level||Entrance/Exit, faregates, ticket machines, bus plaza, park and ride|
C Line service hours are approximately from 4:00 a.m. until 12:30 a.m. daily.
- Metro Local: 215
- Beach Cities Transit: 102
- GTrans: 1X
- LADOT Commuter Express: 438 (select trips), 574
- Lawndale Beat: Residential, Express
In popular culture
The station appeared as the light rail station in the opening montage to the 1995 film Heat. The station also appeared in the closing moments of another film directed by Michael Mann, Collateral.
- "Secure Bike Parking on Metro" (PDF). Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved November 5, 2021.
- "Metro Parking Lots by Line". Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved November 5, 2021.
- "Image showing Marine Ave / Redondo Beach Ave sign". www.nycsubway.org. Retrieved November 13, 2021.
- Broverman, Neal (February 11, 2020). "Metro Is Betting Its Second-Oldest Light Rail Line Is About to See a Jump in Ridership". Los Angeles Magazine. Retrieved February 12, 2020.
- "Metro C Line schedule". June 27, 2021. Retrieved November 12, 2021.
Media related to Redondo Beach (Los Angeles Metro station) at Wikimedia Commons