Richard Wigglesworth (rugby union)
|Full name||Richard Eric Wigglesworth|
|Date of birth||9 June 1983|
|Place of birth||Blackpool, Lancashire, England|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (13 st 3 lb) |
|School||Kirkham Grammar School|
|Rugby union career|
Wigglesworth started his professional career with Sale Sharks coming through the youth ranks, but moved to Saracens in June 2010. In the 2005–2006 season, Wigglesworth started the final as Sale Sharks won their first ever Premiership title.
He married Lindsay Jane Fitzgerald in July 2009 and they now have a daughter, Matilda, and son, Freddie. Lindsay is a qualified dentist and graduated from Liverpool University's BDS course in 2007.
Wigglesworth was called up to the England squad for the 2008 Six Nations Championship. He has already been selected for the England Saxons and the training squad for the 2007 Rugby World Cup.
He was named in the starting line-up for England in the 2008 RBS Six Nations Championship match against France in Paris. Sale coach Philippe Saint-Andre says he is confident that England newcomer Wigglesworth has the mentality required for international rugby. On 23 February 2008, he scored a 79th minute try to help England to a 24–13 win in Paris.
- "RFU Official Site of the RFU, Governing Body of Rugby Union in England". web page. RFU. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Sale's Wigglesworth joins Sarries". BBC News. 2010-01-26.
- "Sale 45-20 Leicester". BBC. 27 May 2006. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Vainikolo named in England squad". BBC. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- "Vainikolo – named in England squad". Sportinglife. 2008-01-09. Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- "England add Wigglesworth to squad". BBC. 2007-08-06. Retrieved 2008-01-09.
- "Wigglesworth handed England call". BBC. 2008-02-19. Retrieved 2008-02-19.
- "Wigglesworth 'right for England'". BBC. 2008-02-20. Retrieved 2008-02-21.
|This English rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|