Ridgedale High School
|Ridgedale Junior/Senior High School|
3165 Hillman-Ford Rd.
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Ridgedale Local School District|
|Assistant Principal||Greg Rossman|
|Enrollment||353 (Oct 2017)|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue, Red|
|Athletics conference||Northern 10 Athletic Conference|
|Website||Ridgedale Jr./Sr. High School|
Ridgedale Junior/Senior High School is a public high school in Morral, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Ridgedale Local School District. Ridgedale graduates approximately 60 students every year.
In order to graduate, students must obtain 21 credits by the end of their senior year. They are required 4 credits of English, 4 credits of mathematics, 3 credits of science, 3 credits of social studies, a half-credit of health, and a half-credit of physical education.
To graduate with honors, students are required to complete all but one of the following requirements:
- 4 credits of English
- 4 credits of mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and a higher level course)
- 4 credits of science (including physics and chemistry)
- 4 credits of social studies
- 3 credits of foreign language
- 1 credit of fine arts
- 3.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale
- A score of 27 on the ACT or a 1210 on the SAT
Athletics and Extracurriculars
The team nickname is the Rockets. When Ridgedale was a member of the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference, they had a long-standing rivalry with the Pleasant Spartans. A lot of competition held between the two schools often became heated.
Conference: Ridgedale High School is a member of the Northern 10 Athletic Conference, which was formed for the 2014-15 school year. Ridgedale had previously competed as a charter member of the Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference (MOAC), which was established in 1990.
|Boys Basketball||'90 '91 '92 '99 '00 '01 '06 '07|
|Boys Cross Country||'02 '03|
|Boys Golf||'93 '94 '95 '99 '00 '02|
|Boys Track||'97 '99 '07 '09|
|Girls Basketball||'93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '10 '11 '12 '13|
|Softball||'96 '97 '98 '99|
|Volleyball||'97 '98 '99 '00 '01|
|2006||Basketball||Div 4 - District Champions|
|2001||Basketball||Div 3 - Regional Runner-up|
|1992||Baseball||Div 4 - State Champions|
|1998||Baseball||Div 4 - District Champions|
|1999||Baseball||Div 4 - State Runner Up|
|2000||Baseball||Div 4 - District Champions|
|1999||Football||Div 6 - Sweet Sixteen|
|2000||Football||Div 5 - Sweet Sixteen|
|2002||Football||Div 5 - Sweet Sixteen|
|2003||Football||Div 5 - Sweet Sixteen|
|2004||Girls Basketball||Div 4 - Regional Runner Up|
|2005||Girls Basketball||Div 4 - District Runner Up|
|2002||Volleyball||Div 3 - District Runner Up|
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Student Council
- Marching Band
- Pep Band
- Jazz Band
- Spring Musical
- Yearbook Club
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Teen Institute
- LEO Club
- National Honor Society
- Robotics Club
- Art Club
- Spanish Club
Board of Education
- President Patrick Ballenger
- Vice President Eric Park
- Jim Johnson
- Angela Burns
- Andy Rickets
- Robert Britton
- Stephanie Schee
Notes and references
- "Fall Enrollment (Headcount) - October 2017 Public Districts and Buildings". Ohio Department of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2014-10-18.
- "2017-18 Course Selection Guide" (PDF). Ridgedale Local Schools. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "MOAC Division/Conference Champions". Mid Ohio Athletic Conference. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.