Robeson Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania
|• Total||34.22 sq mi (88.62 km2)|
|• Land||33.92 sq mi (87.85 km2)|
|• Water||0.30 sq mi (0.77 km2)|
|Elevation||440 ft (130 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||7,357|
|• Density||216.90/sq mi (83.75/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
Robeson Township was named for Andrew Robeson, an early settler.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 34.1 square miles (88.3 km²), of which, 33.9 square miles (87.8 km²) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.5 km²) of it (0.62%) is water. The township is located in the Hopewell Big Woods.
- Exeter Township (northeast)
- Union Township (east)
- Warwick Township, Chester County
- West Nantmeal Township, Chester County
- Caernarvon Township (south)
- Brecknock Township (west)
- Cumru Township (northwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,869 people, 2,488 households, and 1,965 families residing in the township. The population density was 202.6 people per square mile (78.2/km²). There were 2,568 housing units at an average density of 75.8/sq mi (29.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.89% White, 0.32% African American, 0.20% Native American, 0.25% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.66% from other races, and 0.66% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.87% of the population.
There were 2,488 households, out of which 36.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.6% were married couples living together, 4.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.0% were non-families. 16.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 6.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.76 and the average family size was 3.11.
|Source: US Census Bureau|
In the township the population was spread out, with 26.7% under the age of 18, 5.7% from 18 to 24, 29.8% from 25 to 44, 26.5% from 45 to 64, and 11.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 102.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $54,395, and the median income for a family was $60,154. Males had a median income of $48,068 versus $28,904 for females. The per capita income for the township was $22,550. About 3.2% of families and 4.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.3% of those under age 18 and 2.5% of those age 65 or over.
- Joanna Heights
- Scarlets Mill
- Green Hills, Berks County, Pennsylvania
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 13, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- Santamour, William (September 26, 1976). "Robeson Township's History Compiled". Reading Eagle. p. 38. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robeson Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania.|