Logo featuring a roulette table
|Country of origin||France|
Roulé (French: roulé, lit. 'rolled') is a French record label founded in 1995 by former Daft Punk member Thomas Bangalter. Roulé has a side label entitled Scratché (French: scratché, lit. 'scratched') which to date has released only one record, produced by the Buffalo Bunch (Paul de Homem-Christo and Romain Séo).
1995 – 1998: Beginnings
In 1997, Alan Braxe released "Vertigo" after meeting Bangalter in a night club, which included a remix by Bangalter called the "Virgo Edit." One year after, Roy Davis Jr. released "Rock Shock," which included another remix by Bangalter called the "Start-Stop Mix."
1998 – 2003: "Music Sounds Better With You" and hiatus
After the release of "Vertigo," Braxe performed at the Rex Club in Paris, with Bangalter on keyboards and Braxe's friend Benjamin Diamond on vocals. They composed the first version of "Music Sounds Better with You" for the performance, using a looped sample from the 1981 Chaka Khan song "Fate," sampled using an E-mu SP-1200. After polishing the track, "Music Sounds Better With You" was released in 1998, spending two weeks on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart at number 1.
In 1999, Romanthony released "Hold On," which was previously released on his label Black Male Records in 1994. The Roulé version includes two remixes different from the Black Male version.
2012 – 2018: Later developments and liquidation
In December 2018, Roulé was liquidated by Bangalter.
Roulé’s never really been a “label.” It’s been more of an outlet where there’s a record every year or so. I’ve never made plans for it, and I never will. It’s just something that is there. I know for Guy-Manuel, Crydamoure is more of a label.
- Roulé 301: Thomas Bangalter - Trax on Da Rocks - On Da Rocks / Roulé Boulé / What To Do / Outrun / Ventura 
- Roulé 302: Thomas Bangalter - Spinal Scratch - Spinal Scratch / Spinal Beats 
- Roulé 303: Alan Braxe - Vertigo - Vertigo / Vertigo (Virgo Edit) 
- Roulé 304: Roy Davis Jr. - Rock Shock - Rock Shock / Rock Shock (Thomas Bangalter's Start-Stop Mix) 
- Roulé 305: Stardust - Music Sounds Better with You 
- Roulé 305 RMX: Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You Remixes
- Roulé 306: Thomas Bangalter - Trax on Da Rocks Vol. 2 - Club Soda / Extra Dry / Shuffle! / Colossus / Turbo 
- Roulé 307: Romanthony - Hold On - Classic Vocal / R&B Vocal / Got A Grip Dubb 
- Roulé 308: DJ Falcon - Hello My Name Is DJ Falcon - First / Honeymoon / Untitled / Unplugged 
- Roulé 309: Thomas Bangalter - Outrage - Outrage / Night Beats / Paris By Night 
Together was a collaboration between DJ Falcon and Thomas Bangalter, and only released two singles:
- Scratché 701: The Buffalo Bunch - Buffalo Club - Buffalo Club / Buffalo Beats 
Roulé LP 01: Irreversible (Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture) 
- "ROULE MUSIC". Verif.
- "thomas bangalter - "trax on da rocks"". Random Access. Rating: 3.0
- "THOMAS BANGALTER – TRAX ON DA ROCKS". Daft Punk Anthology. June 29, 2012.
- "THROWBACK THURSDAY: THOMAS BANGALTER – WHAT TO DO ". 909Originals. January 3, 2019.
- Kim, Michelle (September 14, 2018). "Gaspar Noé's Climax Soundtrack Detailed, Featuring New Song by Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter". Pitchfork.
- Sodomsky, Sam (May 14, 2018). "Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter Contributes New Song to Gaspar Noé Movie Climax". Pitchfork.
- Warburton, Mike (August 31, 2016). "Alan Braxe Interview: The Best Things Happen By Accident". Skiddle.
- Howie, Alasdair. "ROY DAVIS JR". FMLY AGENCY.
- Chant, Louis (February 3, 2017). "STREAM NOW: ROY DAVIS JR. – ROCK SHOCK (THOMAS BANGALTER MIX)". The French Shuffle.
- Barker, Chris (October 2012). "Alan Braxe interview and video studio tour". MusicRadar. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Stardust Chart History (Dance Singles Sales)". Billboard. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "thomas bangalter - "trax on da rocks vol. 2"". Random Access. Rating: 3.5
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100 — 01 November 1998 - 07 November 1998". Official Charts Company.
- Chant, Louis (October 19, 2015). "LISTEN TO ROMANTHONY'S CLUB CLASSIC "HOLD ON"". The French Shuffle.
- Hernandez, Jorge (May 21, 2013). "VIBE Remembers: RIP Romanthony". Vibe.
- "One More Time: The Music of Romanthony". Complex. May 19, 2013.
- Young, Alex (November 5, 2012). "Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter reissues 1995 solo album Trax On Da Rocks". Consequence of Sound.
- "Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter's Trax On Da Rocks EP re-pressed". Fact.
- Adams, Gregory (November 2, 2012). "Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter Reissues '90s Solo EP 'Trax On Da Rocks'". Exclaim!.
- "LISTEN: THOMAS BANGALTER OF DAFT PUNK FAME RE-ISSUING HIS SOLO EP "TRAX ON DA ROCKS" VIA ROULE". Magnetic Magazine. November 2, 2012.
- Chant, Louis (August 8, 2016). "WHY WAS ROULÉ SUCH AN INFLUENTIAL LABEL?". The French Shuffle.
- Wray, Adam. "ROULÉ RECORDS IN FIVE TRACKS". SSENSE.
- Wray, Adam (May 23, 2013). "Essentials from Daft Punk's Roulé and Crydamoure Imprints". Red Bull Music Academy.
- Woholeski, Peter (May 2001). "One More Time: Four Years After Its Filter Filled Splashdown, Daft Punk Retirns With Discovery - Complete with House Beats, Disco Sweeps and, Yes, Plenty of Vocoders". DJ Times. Archived from the original on August 22, 2001.