This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First appearance||Iron Man vol. 3 #4|
|Created by||Kurt Busiek (writer)|
Sean Chen (artist)
|Full name||Rumiko Fujikawa|
|Place of origin||Earth-616|
|Supporting character of||Iron Man|
Rumiko Fujikawa is a fictional character, a supporting character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Kurt Busiek and artist Sean Chen, the character made her first appearance in Iron Man vol. 3 #4 (May 1998). Chen used porn star Kobe Tai as the model for Rumiko's appearance.
Fictional character biography
Rumiko Fujikawa first appeared while Iron Man battles Firebrand on the island of Isla Suerte. The daughter of Kenjiro Fujikawa, the man who had taken over Stark's company during his stay in the Heroes Reborn universe, she begins to date Stark largely as an act of rebellion to parents who disapproved of Stark.
Rumiko's romance with Stark enjoys many highs and lows. She enjoys his jet-set lifestyle but finds he is often too obsessed with his work and does not pay enough attention to her. This fact is made even worse due to all the problems facing Stark in his career as Iron Man at this point, such as his armor temporarily becoming sentient and attempting to kill him, or the arrival of the Sons of Yinsen, a group dedicated to the memory of the late Ho Yinsen who helped Stark develop the original Iron Man armor. During a period when they are broken up, she sleeps with Stark's business rival and enemy, Tiberius Stone. In remorse, Rumiko arranges for Stark to acquire sufficient stock in his old company that he can reclaim control of it. Tony and Rumiko get back together and are very stable for a while, until Tony takes the job as Secretary of Defense and becomes so busy that he neglects her and their relationship.
Rumiko is later killed by an Iron Man imposter named Clarence Ward.
In the "Armor Wars" mini-series of the "Secret Wars" storyline, Rumiko's teenage daughter Kiri is featured as a major character who resides in the futuristic Battleworld domain of Technopolis (which is based on a world in which everyone wears armors to live and survive due to an airborne virus).
In other media
- In Marvel Anime: Iron Man, the character Dr. Chika Tanaka (voiced by Takako Honda in the Japanese version and by Laura Bailey in the English dub) is based on Rumiko Fujikawa.
- Her character was meant to appear in Iron Man 2, but was later scrapped. Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi and Singaporean actress Fann Wong were considered for the role.
- Advanced Iron #54. https://web.archive.org/web/20081202081018/http://www.advancediron.org/the-zine/the-zine/ai54/view. 2002. pp. 12–13.
- Iron Man Vol. 3 #4 (May 1998). Marvel Comics.
- Iron Man vol. 3 #37. Marvel Comics.
- Iron Man vol. 3 #40. Marvel Comics.
- Iron Man Vol 3. #87. Marvel Comics.
- Armor Wars #1
- Rumiko Fujikawa at Marvel Wiki
|This article about a Marvel Comics character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|