Sérgio Vieira (football manager)
|Full name||Sérgio Agostinho de Oliveira Vieira|
|Date of birth||15 January 1983|
|Place of birth||Póvoa de Lanhoso, Portugal|
|2005–2006||Sport Lisboa e Cartaxo|
|2015||Atlético Paranaense (U23)|
|2015||Atlético Paranaense (interim)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Vieira's first managerial experiences were at Sport Lisboa e Cartaxo and Clube de Condeixa, in the regional leagues. After being a tactical coach at Naval 1º de Maio, Académica de Coimbra, Braga (two stints) and Sporting CP, he moved to Brazil.
Vieira was appointed manager of Atlético Paranaense's under-23 squad on 3 July 2015; he was signed by the club in January. Late in the month, however, he was named at the helm of Guaratinguetá, as both clubs sealed a partnership.
Vieira took charge of Guará with the side seriously threatened with relegation in Série C, but managed to avoid the drop after achieving four wins and one draw in nine matches. On 28 September he returned to Furacão, being appointed interim manager after the dismissal of Milton Mendes; he remained in charge for two matches, achieving one win and one loss.
On 11 November 2015, Vieira was appointed Ferroviária manager, after another partnership with Atlético was established. During his spell at the club he impressed, after drawing with Corinthians and defeating Palmeiras; on 4 April, however, after the club's qualification chances were null and relegation became a serious threat, he was sacked.
- "Mourinho fez jogador de 3ª divisão virar técnico sensação do Paulista e bater Palmeiras" [Mourinho made a third division player become the sensation manager of Paulista and defeat Palmeiras] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 28 February 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Dominguez pode ser o adjunto de Sá Pinto" [Dominguez may be Sá Pinto's assistant] (in Portuguese). Record. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Sérgio Vieira, o português que está a conquistar o Brasil" [Sérgio Vieira, the Portuguese who is winning Brazil] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 11 March 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Sérgio Vieira comandará a equipe Sub-23 atleticana na disputa da Taça FPF" [Sérgio Vieira will manage the atleticana under-23 team in the dispute of Taça FPF] (in Portuguese). Atlético Paranaense. 3 July 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Atlético Paranaense firma parceria com o Guaratinguetá" [Atlético Paranaense seal partnership with Guaratinguetá] (in Portuguese). Atlético Paranaense. 31 July 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Sérgio Vieira destaca oportunidade no time principal:"Estou de corpo e alma nos projetos do Clube"" [Sérgio Vieira highlights opportunity in the main squad: "I am in heart and soul in the club's projects"] (in Portuguese). Atlético Paranaense. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Comissão técnica permanente assumirá interinamente a equipe profissional" [Permanent staff will provisionally take charge of the first team] (in Portuguese). Atlético Paranaense. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Ferroviária confirma português Sérgio Vieira como treinador para Paulistão" [Ferroviária confirm Portuguese Sérgio Vieira as manager for the Paulistão] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Sérgio Vieira, técnico da Ferroviária: "No Brasil, o estudo do futebol não é tão profundo"" [Sérgio Vieira, Ferroviária manager: "In Brazil, the study of football is not that deep"] (in Portuguese). Trivela. 11 March 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Eliminada e ameaçada de queda, Ferroviária demite Sérgio Vieira" [Knocked out and threatened by relegation, Ferroviária dismiss Sérgio Vieira] (in Portuguese). Terra. 4 April 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "América inicia nova era com Sérgio Vieira no comando da equipe" [América start a new era with Sérgio Vieira in charge of the team] (in Portuguese). América Mineiro. 4 June 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- Administrador. "Sérgio Vieira é o nosso treinador". www.fcfamalicao.pt (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- Sérgio Vieira deixa o Famalicão, mas já há sucessor à vista, ojogo.pt, 18 March 2019