BOC Aviation is a global aircraft operating leasing company and the largest aircraft operating leasing company headquartered in Asia, as measured by the value of owned aircraft.
BOC Aviation is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEx code: 2588) and has its headquarters in Singapore with offices in Dublin, London, Seattle and Tianjin
The history dates back to 1993 when the Company was founded as Singapore Aircraft Leasing Enterprise Pte. Ltd. by Singapore Airlines Limited and Boullioun Aviation Services, Inc., a U.S.-based aircraft operating leasing company. In 1997, the Company’s shareholder base was broadened when Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited and Government of Singapore Investment Corporation Private Limited joined the founders as investors.
In 2000, the Company was reported to be the largest customer of the Airbus' single-aisle aircraft in Asia.
In December 2006, the Company was acquired by, and became a wholly owned subsidiary of, Bank of China. At the time, the Company was the largest aircraft leasing company in Asia. Following the acquisition the Company’s name was changed to BOC Aviation Pte. Ltd. in 2007.
On 12 May 2016, the Company was converted to a public company limited by shares and the Company's name was changed to BOC Aviation Limited.
On 1 June 2016, the Company was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
- "About Us". www.bocaviation.com. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Dunphy, Stephen H. (Aug 20, 2000). "Why buy aircraft when planes can be leased?". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- Mancilla, Darcy O. "Aircraft Financing: The Emergence of China (Nov 2009)". IATA.org. IATA.
- "Our History". www.bocaviation.com. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "International briefing". Flightglobal. 20 December 2006. Archived from the original on 2014-06-14.
- "SALE Wins Deal of the Year Award". www.bocaviation.com. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "中 國 銀 行 收 購 新 加 坡 飛 機 租 賃 公 司". 2006-12-15.
- "BOC Aviation - A New Name in the Industry". www.bocaviation.com. Retrieved 13 May 2017.