|Founded by||Maqdoom Shah Safvi|
|Elevation||129 m (423 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Safipur is a town and a Nagar Panchayat in Unnao district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The town's name is derived from the name of a Muslim Sufi saint Maqdoom Shah Safvi, Safipur is connected with major highways, 27 km from its district headquarters Unnao.
Safipur Railway station connects to Unnao/Kanpur and Balamau/Hardoi towns. This rail line was uprooted by the British during emergency requirements of iron during World War II, was laid back again in 1957. The road that crosses safipur is called as Unnao-Hardoi road. Buses mostly privately operated and Jeeps ply from the Bus Stand near Court (Safipur Tahseel).State transport buses connect safipur with Unnao, Kanpur,Hardoi,Shahjahanpur and Delhi. Miyanganj road, Pariyar road, Peekhi road, Salindh road are some of the roads that connect safipur with its neighbouring towns and villages. Tempos, jeeps run.
- Shankarin Mandir situated at Hardoi-Unnao road, near Safipur Police station
- Monteshvar Mandir situated in front of Bagwati Charan Varma park,Near Registrar Office.
- Mahabir Mandir Situated at Sakhan Rajputan 3 km from Safipur
- Dargah Hazrat Maqdoom Shah Safvi() situated in "Peerzadgan"
- Dargah Hazrat Makhdoom syed baqa ullah shah (founder of silsila baqaiyah)
- Dargah Hazrat Makhdoom syed azeem ullah shah baqai karimi khadmi safvi
- Hujra of Makhdoom Shah Safi RH near Dargah Makhdoom Shah Safi
- Dargah Hazrat Qudratullah shah Ghaus us Dahar RH
- Dargah e aaliya hazrat mashadullah al maroof hazrat abdul aleem baqai r.a.
- Dargah e aaliya hazrat syed atahar fanai baqai r.a.
- Pd. Gaya Prasad Sukla (14.10.1907 - 30.06.2003) - Also known as 'Nirbhik', the freedom fighter Pt. Gaya Prasad Shukla was born on 14 Oct 1907 at Methitikur village of district Unnao. Inspired from Mahatma Gandhi, Nirbhik joined 'Namak Satyagrah Aandolan' at an early age of thirteen and was appointed as Zonal Head of 40 villages. He participated in 'Liquor Ban Movement' and also went to jail during 1942 'Quit India Movement'. For which his property was attached for being not able to pay the penalty imposed. Nirbhik ji played an important role in putting an end to 'Zamindari Abolition Movement' by marching over one lakh farmers from all around and cordoned the legislative assembly at Lucknow. Nirbhik ji had been 'Sarpanch' of Nyaya Panchayat for 9 yesrs at Atwa. Due to poor financial status, he could not complete education beyond Seventh standard. Also started a Junior High School at his village on his own land, which subsequently converted to Government Junior High School and still running effectively. Nirbhik ji's life long contribution towards education and Social Service cannot be ignored. Therefore, Freedom Fighter, Pt. Gaya Prasad Shukla 'Nirbhik' was regarded as renowned public figure.
Mahatma Gandhi Inter College moved to the Aasiwan/Miyaganj road around the 1970s, near the police station.
There are more schools listed below:
- Sun-De-Sun public school
- Sharda Gyan Mandir
- R.P. memorial
- Shanti shiksha Niketan
- Sai national public school
Safipur is connected by road and railway to both Lucknow and Kanpur..Unnao(27 km), Kanpur(45 km), Lucknow( 71 km), Hardoi(84 km), Safiyapur (3 km) Bangarmau(22 km), Chakalwanshi(9 km),Salindh(1 km), Fatehpur Chaurasi(10 km), Rasulabad(15 km), Pariyar(12 km), Miyaganj (16 km), Asiwan(15), Balamau (72 km) via train, Raibarelly, Allahabad(227 km), Kannauj.
There are large mango orchards in and around Safipur. It is one of the big producers of mangoes. Many people are dependent on mango cultivation. The yield is exported to Uttar Pradesh and to Delhi, Bombay, Punjab and foreig
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.