|Founded by||Makhdum Shah Safvi|
|Elevation||129 m (423 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Safipur is a town and a Nagar Panchayat in Unnao district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The town's name is derived from the name of a Muslim Sufi saint Makhdum Sah Safvi. Safipur is connected with major highways, 27 km from its district headquarters Unnao.
Safipur Railway station connects to Unnao/Kanpur and Balamau/Hardoi towns. This rail line was uprooted by the British during emergency requirements of iron during World War II, was laid back again in 1957. The road that crosses safipur is called as Unnao-Hardoi road. Buses mostly privately operated and Jeeps ply from the Bus Stand near Court (Safipur Tahseel).State transport buses connect safipur with Unnao, Kanpur,Hardoi,Shahjahanpur and Delhi. Miyanganj road, Pariyar road, Peekhi road, Salindh road are some of the roads that connect safipur with its neighbouring towns and villages. Tempos, jeeps run.
- Dargah Hazrat Maqdoom Shah Safvi() situated in "Peerzadgan"
- Dargah Hazrat Maqdoom-e-saniShah khadim Safi(Rh.)& Munshi aziz-Ullah Sb.(Rh.) are situated in "Peerzadgan"
- Dargah Hazrat Makhdoom syed baqa ullah shah (founder of silsila baqaiyah)
- Dargah Hazrat Makhdoom syed azeem ullah shah baqai karimi khadmi safvi
- Hujra of Makhdoom Shah Safi RH near Dargah Makhdoom Shah Safi
- Dargah Hazrat shah khaleel miya RH,
- Dargah Hazrat Qudratullah shah Ghaus us Dahar RH
- Dargah e aaliya hazrat mashadullah al maroof hazrat abdul aleem baqai r.a.
- Dargah e aaliya hazrat syed atahar fanai baqai r.a.
- Mahabir Mandir Situated at Sakhan Rajputan 3 km from Safipur
- Shankarin Mandir situated at Hardoi-Unnao road, near Safipur Police station
- Monteshvar Mandir situated in front of Bagwati Charan Varma park,Near Registrar Office.
Mahatma Gandhi Inter College moved to the Aasiwan/Miyaganj road around the 1970s, near the police station.
There are also many more schools like for example:
- Sun-De-Sun public school
- Sharda Gyan Mandir and many more schools
- R.P. memorial
- Shanti shiksha Niketan
- Sai national public school
- Mahatma Gandhi Inter college given many more brilliant students. Name of some brilliant students are CA. Shivendra Gupta (First Chartered Accountant from Safipur), Jagdish Sharan Upadhyay (IIM-B Alumni, Entrepreneur, Silicon Valley ), Lalit Asthana, Prashant Gaur, Ishu Gaur, Awiral,Mohammad Salman (from Salind) Mohammad Salman is now an engineer,Mohd Mujeeb Safvi is an engineer in Saudi Arab, Mohammad Adil Safvi did MBA and working in UAE. "Waris Safvi did MBA and working in UAE".
Safipur is connected by road and railway to both Lucknow and Kanpur..Unnao(27 km), Kanpur(45 km), Lucknow( 71 km), Hardoi(84 km), Safiyapur (3km) Bangarmau(22 km), Chakalwanshi(9 km),Salindh(1km), Fatehpur Chaurasi(10 km), Rasulabad(15 km), Pariyar(12 km), Miyaganj (16 km), Asiwan(15), Balamau (72 km) via train, Raibarelly, Allahabad(227 km), Kannauj.
There are large mango orchards in and around Safipur. It is one of the big producers of mangoes. Many people are dependent on mango cultivation. The yield is exported to Uttar Pradesh and to Delhi, Bombay, Punjab.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.