San José de Apartadó massacre
|San José de Apartadó massacre|
|Location||San José de Apartadó, municipality of Apartadó, Antioquia |
|Date||21-22 February 2005|
|shooting, mass murder, massacre|
|Perpetrators|| Colombian Army|
The San José de Apartadó massacre was a massacre of five adults and three children near the small Colombian village of San José de Apartadó more specifically in two places known as "Mulatos" and "La Resbalosa" perpetrated by members of the Military of Colombia and United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia between February 21–22, 2005.
The Community was established on Palm Sunday, March 1997, the villagers declaring themselves neutral in the Colombian armed conflict.
On November 23, 2007, the Attorney General of Colombia ordered the detention of a Colombian National Army Captain, Guillermo Armando Gordillo Sánchez accused of being the mastermind and perpetrator of the San José de Apartadó massacre. Gordillo-Sánchez was in charge of the unit assigned to the 17th Brigade of the Colombian National Army. On July 18, 2008, the Attorney General signed the complaint against nine military officials for grave violations of human rights and facilitation of the incursion of the United Self-Defense Forces, who carried out the massacre.
- Peace Village San Jose
- (in Spanish) El Espectador: Ordenan captura de un militar por masacre de San José de Apartadó
- "Verdades de la masacre de San José de Apartadó" (in Spanish). elespectador.com. 2008-08-01. Archived from the original on 2008-09-06. Retrieved 2008-09-06.
- Colombiasupport.com: San José de Apartadó massacre report
- Comunidad de Paz de San José de Apartadó (in Spanish)
- Fellowship of Reconciliation (accompanies the community, there immediately after the massacre)
- Peace Brigades (accompanies the community, there immediately after the massacre)
Colombian conflict (1964–present)
• La Violencia (1948–1958)
• Parapolitics scandal (2006–7)
Illegal drug trade
||Government of Colombia||Paramilitaries|
Former government program
|This Colombia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|