This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may contain wording that promotes the subject through exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sandeep Reddy Vanga
|Occupation||Director and Producer|
|Children||Arjun Reddy Vanga|
Sandeep Reddy Vanga (born 25 December 1981) is an Indian director, screenwriter and dialogue writer. He made his directorial debut with the critically acclaimed Telugu-language blockbuster film named Arjun Reddy. He is remaking Arjun Reddy in Bollywood titled Kabir Singh, with Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani in the lead produced by Cine1 Studios & T-Series. The film is scheduled to release on June 21st 2019.
Sandeep Vanga was born in Warangal, Telangana to Prabhakar Reddy and Sujatha. He has an elder brother, Pranay Reddy Vanga, who is a software engineer working for FannieMae in the United States of America and has produced the film Arjun Reddy. He did his schooling from Platinum Jubilee High School, Warangal, an Agha Khan educational society school until 8th and moved to Hyderabad from 9th standard to 12th standard. He received his bachelor’s degree from SDM College of Medical Sciences, Dharwad. He was a movie buff from a young age and was passionate about films. While in 2nd-year physiotherapy, he was bored with the field and decided to pursue a career in filmmaking seriously after graduation.
After joining as an apprentice in Vizag, he decided to study filmmaking, and went to pursue at International Film School, Sydney (now known as AFTT - Academy of Film, Theatre & Television), Australia.
Sandeep worked as an apprentice for the film Manasu Maata Vinadhu in 2005 for 25 days at Rushikonda Beach, Vizag. He worked for a few Tollywood films, including Kedi as an assistant director and "Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju" as Associate Director with Kranthi Madhav. He started writing the script for Sugar Factory for his directorial debut, but shelved it and started working for Arjun Reddy.
He started writing the script for Arjun Reddy in 2013 and finished it in a year. He went to many producers, but they were not keen on bankrolling the project, as it was too bold. He was keen on casting Nithin and Ram Charan but did not work out. Producer, Swapna Dutt and Sharwanand showed interest to do the role however it didn't pan out as Sharwanand had multiple projects in the queue at that time.
He was introduced to Vijay Deverakonda by a common friend. He was very impressed with his look and was convinced that he found the protagonist for the powerful role. He cast him as the lead for his directorial debut, Arjun Reddy. No producers came forward to do this risque film. So, he, his brother and father started a company "Bhadrakali Pictures" and produced the film themselves. The film was released on 25 August 2017 and became a blockbuster hit with rave reviews. The film, produced on a budget of ₹4—5 crores, went on to gross more than INR ₹50 crores (USD $8 million) at the box office.
Sandeep spent a week working on English subtitles for the film, just to capture the essence of the words, and to convey emotions of the film, to non-Telugu language audience.
The film ran into trouble with censor board for its depiction of smoking and narcotic drug use. It also created furor for its kissing scenes and also for a movie poster which was approved by Telangana Film Chamber. Senior Congressman and Telangana Political Leader, V. Hanumantha Rao raged over the positioning of this Matured film to the audience. He went on to roads peeling off posters and stickers of the film promoting audience not to encourage such violent films.
Women protection cells and other women organizations appealed to courts and media not to highlight women in a bad light or publish intimate content which they believed degrading and unnecessary.
Sandeep has made minor changes to the script to suit the Bollywood audience, the Hindi version of Arjun Reddy titled as Kabir Singh. He signed up with the Kaminey fame actor Shahid Kapoor as Lead. Kiara Advani has been roped for playing the Female Lead. The film is produced by Murad Khetani and Ashwin Warde and the rights to the original film were purchased for INR ₹1.5 crores. The shooting has begun in July 2018 and is scheduled for release on 21st June 2019.
With Mahesh Babu
Sandeep will be directing a romantic entertainer with Mahesh Babu in 2019, produced by. Allu Aravind, under the production of Geeta Arts or . The hunt for the leading lady is going on. The title for this film is not yet finalized.
Sandeep married Maneesha Reddy (Karuna) in 2014 and they have a son, Arjun (b.2016).
|2020||MaheshBabu's upcoming film||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Mahanati (2018) Cameo Appearance as Vedantam raghavaih
As assistant director
- Kedi (2010)
As Associate director
- Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju (2015)
- "Arjun Reddy: SS Rajamouli showers praise on 'Arjun Reddy' | Telugu Movie News". Times of India. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Arjun Reddy movie review: Vijay Deverakonda's film deserves to be celebrated : Reviews, News". India Today. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Arjun Reddy Hindi remake, starring Shahid Kapoor in Vijay Devarakonda's role, to release on 21 June 2019". Firstpost. 31 July 2018. Archived from the original on 30 October 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Sandeep Reddy Vanga in Much Demand". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Director Manjunatha to watch out for!". deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Jayakrishnan (10 September 2017). "Arjun Reddy box office collection week 2: Vijay Devarakonda starrer collects Rs 41.5 crore worldwide". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (9 September 2017). "Three hours and a huge hit later". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Telugu film 'Arjun Reddy' reaches the Rs 50 crore club". The News Minute. 16 October 2017. Archived from the original on 6 February 2018. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "How Subtitles Break Language Barriers in Regional Cinema". The Quint.
- "KS Rama Rao to produce Sandeep Vanga's film starring Mahesh Babu? - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Prakash, B. V. S. (21 June 2018). "Mahesh to team up with K.S. Rama Rao?". www.thehansindia.com.