This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Spielberg at the June 7, 2013 Jubilee Music & Arts Festival
Sasha Rebecca Spielberg
May 14, 1990
|Other names||Buzzy Lee|
|Alma mater||Brown University|
|Years active||1999; 2004–present|
Sasha Rebecca Spielberg (born May 14, 1990) is an American musician also known as her stage name Buzzy Lee.
Life and career
Spielberg was born in Los Angeles, the daughter of film director Steven Spielberg and actress Kate Capshaw. Her father is from an Orthodox Jewish family, whereas her mother is a Jewish convert. She is their first child together, although each have children from previous relationships. She has three sisters: Mikaela Spielberg, Destry Spielberg, and half-sister, actress Jessica Capshaw, as well as three brothers: Sawyer Spielberg, Theo Spielberg, and half-brother Max Spielberg. She graduated from Brown University.
She has appeared as an actress in several of her father's movies, including The Terminal, Munich, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and The Post. She performed in a band called Wardell (previously known as Brother/Sister), with her brother Theo. Brother/Sister had one album, The Accidental Zoo, released April 4, 2011.They also have an album called Love/Idleness. In 2015, she was also part of Snapchat's series , Literally can't even.She also was part of Just Friends, along with Nicolas Jaar. She also is a micro influencer on Instagram, where she shares her improv sketches. On 27 April 2018, she released her solo EP Facepaint, with 5 songs.
|1999||The Love Letter||Girl with Sparkler|
|2005||Munich||Young Israeli Woman Watching TV|||
|2008||Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull||Slugger|
|2010||The Company Men||Sarah|
|2010||The Dry Land||Sally|
|2010||The Kids Are All Right||Waify Girl|
|2011||The Art of Getting By||Zoe Rubenstein|
|2013||Before I Sleep||Rachel|
|2017||The Post||Woman with Package|||
|2018||In a Relationship|
|2013||The Brother/Sister EP|
|2018||Facepaint - EP (as Buzzy Lee)|
|2019||Close Encounters of Their Own Kind (as Buzzy Lee, with Tommy Mandel)|
- Rosenbloom, Stephanie (August 30, 2007). "Trotting on Their Own Four Hooves". The New York Times.
- Peppers, Margot (March 7, 2013). "Theo and Sasha Spielberg—Yes, of Those Spielbergs—Have a Family Band". Vanity Fair. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
Although this marks the Brown University graduate's fashion debut, she is no stranger to fame, having played small roles in some of her father's films, including Indiana Jones, from the age of nine.
- "Sasha Spielberg – L.A. Native, Brown student and singer in "Brother/Sister"". The Daily Truffle. April 15, 2012. Archived from the original on April 17, 2012.
- Blasberg, Derek. "Theo and Sasha Spielberg—Yes, of Those Spielbergs—Have a Family Band". Vanity Fair. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Hod, Itay (January 30, 2015). "Snapchat Launching First Mobile Series Produced by Steven Spielberg's and John Goldwyn's Daughters". TheWrap. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Pasternak, Hannah (May 2, 2018). "Sasha Spielberg on New Buzzy Lee EP and Acting in Her Dad's Movies". Rolling Stone. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|