|Elevation||19 m (62 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN-92( TN-69 till Jun17,2015)|
It is 25 km (16 mi) away from Tiruchendur and 59 km (37 mi) from Tirunelveli. It is well-connected with Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Nagerkovil and Tiruchendur by road. An airport is at Tuticorin 45 km (28 mi) from there.
Sattankulam is located at  It has an average elevation of 19 m (62 ft)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Sathankulam had a population of 14,205. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Sathankulam has an average literacy rate of 81%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 84%, and female literacy is 78%. In Sathankulam, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The major agriculture is Paddy in the Sattankulam Taluks. Groundnut cultivation also is undertaken in Sattankulam and near-by places. Groundnut cake is being used as manure and cattle feed. Palmyrah trees are grown mostly in Sattankulam and near-by villages. Sugarcane is also cultivated in some places. Jaggery is produced from palmyrah juice; the production of Palm jaggery was the main occupation of the people of Sattankulam at one time. Several people have shifted their occupation to other fields such as Agriculture, retail trade, education and jobs. Many youths now work in the larger cities, particularly at MadrasIN (ARUMBAKKAM).Sri Mariamman Hindu Hr Sec school & TDTA Hr Sec school is a famous and historical school. Now one Manonmaniam Sundaranar Constitute Ladies college is there.
The suburb villages of Sattankulam, Udangudi,AMIRTHVILLAI NGAR, Edaichivizhai, Thisayanvizhai are famous for dry arid Theri forests located in various surrounding these towns. These their forests with red soil are densely planted with Palm trees, cashew plantation and various other varieties of plants typical to this region. Sattankulam means the pond associated with local deity Sathnar who is generally known as Ayyanar. The common belief for the red soil of Theri lands is that one powerful local god Karkuvel ayyanar requested his agent Vanniaraja to end the life of any one who has intention to other's property. When Vanniaraja killed one of the thief (Kallan), it is believed that blood has caused the entire land to become red soiled. People from this their land are hard workers, loyal to justice for all and do not involve in thefts, crimes etc. as they have deep belief in this folk tale.
The Most important festival is "Sri Puliyadi Mariamman Tiruvizha"
Community and Occupational
whose family members make a network of relatives with dominance in trade of Palm jaggery production & trade, Agriculture, Retail trade shops in several parts of Tamil Nadu.There are several traditional Nadar community family people who carry on their mini-institutional services in siddha, verma, Nature cure treatment and curing for ailing patients in and around Sathnkulam, Thisayanvilai and Radhapuram,Komakeri.
One B.Ed college and 14 schools are there in Sathankulam.
RMP-CSI-PSK RAJARATNAM MEMORIAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION,SATTANKULAM
- Morning Star Play school , No.43, Allagammankovil Street, Sathankulam.
- SriPandi Primary School,Velan puthukulam.
- Panchayat Union Primary School, Gandhinagar Sathankulam
- R C Girls Primary School, Sathankulam is now St.Joseph Girls Primary school.
- R C Boy Primary School, Sathankulam is now Sacred Heart Boys Primary school.
- Sri Mariamman Hindu Primary School, Sathankulam
- St Johns Nursery School, Sathankulam
- T D T A Stephens Primary School, Sathankulam
- T D T A Tucksford Primary School, Sathankulam
Upper primary schools
- Vijayaramapuram Sri Mutharamman Hindu Middle School
- A E Ebrahim Middle School, Sathankulam
- Sri Mariamman High School, Sathankulam
Higher secondary schools
- T N D T A R.M.P.Pulamadan Chettiar National Higher Secondary School, Sathankulam
- Sri Mariamman Hindu Higher Secondary School,Sathankulam
- Sacred Heart Boys Higher Secondary School, Sathankulam
- St.Joseph Girls Higher Secondary School, Sathankulam
- Henry Matric Higher Secondary School, Sathankulam
- St.Mary's Higher Secondary School,pothakalanvilaia
- Ave Maria Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Ave Maria Park, Pannamparai Junction,Satankulam
- Sri Kaasi Vishwanathar Sametha Sri Vishalakshi Temple
- karaiyadi sudalai madaswamy/selva vinayagar temple/pettchiamman temple,sattankulam
- Puliyanthoppu Devi Sri Alagamman Temple,Alagamman Kovil Street,Sathankulam.
- Puliyadi Devi Sri Mariamman Temple
- Sri Uchini Maha Kali Temple,kulasai rastha,Sathankulam
- sri Booludaiyar Sastha Temple
- sri Bathra kali ammnan temple,bathra kali amman kovil st,sathankulam.
- sri perumal temple/anjaneyar sannidhi, perumal kovil st, sathankulam
- sri Sakthi Kovil,Old Church Street, Sathankulam
- Sri Angalaparameswari Amman Temple,Sathankulam
- Sri Angala Easwari Amman Temple,Chettiar Middle Street, Sathankulam
- Sri Thandayuthapani Palani Aandavar Temple,Chettiar Middle Street, Sathankulam
- Sri Palani Andavar Temple,Sathankulam
- Sri Thiripura sunadri Amman Temple,Pannam parai
- Sri krishnan Temple,Sathankulam
- Sri Sudalaiandavar Temple, Thatchamozh
- Sri Mutharamman temple,West Sathankulam
- Sri Selva vinayagar Temple,Chettiar South Street,sattankulam
- Sri Elanthaiyadi chockalinga saastha temple,Mathankoil Street,Sattankulam
- Sri Vandi malaiyaan,Vandimalaichi amman temple, Sattankulam
- Sri Kaala thambiraan temple,Thatchanmozhi, Sattankulam
- Sri Selva Sundara Shiddhi Buddhi Vinayagar Temple, Pillaiyar Kovil Street, Sattankulam
- Bride Tabernacle, Mudhaloor road, sathankulam.
- St stephen's CSI church (Sattankulam main city).
- Christ Church (Mela Sattankulam church).
- Immaculate Heart of Mary's Church.
- Thachan Mooli Street church.
- Jebaneanapuram streat Niyayathipathi Yesu Kristhu Varukirar church.
- Peniel Truth Church [H.O]Thachamozhi South Street, Sathankulam.
- Antonyar Church in Vadaku Amirthavillai Near Sathankulam Both Church In there CSI And RC Church
- Zion AG Church Sattankulam
- Peniel Truth Church,Venkatrayapuram.
Sattankulam assembly constituency (no more & connected with Srivaikuntam Assembly Constituency) is part of Tiruchendur Lok Sabha constituency (no more & connected with Thoothukudi Lok Sabha constituency).
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Sattankulam
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2015-04-24.