Scene (loyalty program)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The main reward is a free movie ticket, starting at 1,250 points for a regular or 3D ticket. Over the years, the program has expanded to include a greater variety of rewards, including restaurants and sporting goods.
In addition, there is an on-screen game promotion in select Cineplex theatres called Timeplay. This game is run prior to the screening of films in which participating guests can play various trivia games through a smartphone app with Scene points being the prizes.
Scotiabank and Cineplex had collaborated on the Scotiabank Theatre brand of theatres. This was followed up with the launch of the Scene rewards program in 2007. In addition to earning points for free movies, a 10% discount is offered on concession purchases. The Scene ScotiaCard (debit) and Scene Visa card allow Scene members to earn points outside of Cineplex properties.
2010s: program expansion and premium charges
Since June 2012, Scene members save an additional 10% off on Tuesday movie ticket prices.
In October 2014, Scene announced a partnership with SportChek, allowing customers to earn and redeem points at these stores. This partnership ended in October 2017, as Sportchek then begin to offer parent company's Canadian Tire Money, which became Triangle Rewards in 2018.   In February 2015, Scene announced a similar partnership with Cara Operations and eleven of its restaurant brands.  Later in 2015, Cineplex announced that premium movie tickets would be subject to a premium points charge. A total of 1,500 points would be required for most premium movie tickets (3D, D-Box, Prime Seats, IMAX or UltraAVX), with the exception of VIP, which would cost 2,000 points.
- Cara Operations
- Cineplex Entertainment
- Cinemas (Cineplex, Galaxy, Scotiabank Theatre, VIP Cinemas, etc.)
- Cineplex Store
- The Rec Room
- Xscape Entertainment Centre
- Marr, Garry (2015-11-13). "'Use them or potentially lose them': The case of the disappearing loyalty card points". Financial Post. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Timeplay". Cineplex. Cineplex. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Marshall, Pat (2014-10-09). "SCENE and Sport Chek Announce Strategic Marketing Partnership". MarketWired. 2016-06-20.
- http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/scene-and-cara-announce-strategic-marketing-partnership-1990866.htm%7Ctitle=SCENE and CARA Announce Strategic Marketing Partnership|last=Marshall|first=Pat|date=2015-02-11|website=|publisher=MarketWired|access-date=2016-06-20}}