Sabha International Airport
|Operator||Civil Aviation and Meteorology Bureau|
|Elevation AMSL||1,427 ft / 435 m|
The airport shares its runway with Sabha Airbase, which has operations on the southwest side of the airport.
The airport underwent expansion in the 1970s to make it into an international airport.
A LD600 million contract was signed (20 May 2008) with a joint venture comprising Lebanon's CCC and a new Libyan investment and development company for a new passenger terminal at Sabha Airport. It would have a capacity of 3 million passengers, and, like the new terminals at Tripoli International and Benina International, be designed by Aéroports de Paris Engineering. This development was not completed due to the Libyan Civil War.
Airlines and destinations
- Airport information for Sebha Airport at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Sebha Airport". SkyVector. Archived from the original on 17 September 2018. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Sabha Airport". Google Maps. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Sebha VOR". Our Airports. Archived from the original on 14 September 2018. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- "Sebha NDB". Our Airports. Archived from the original on 17 September 2018. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
- Translations on Near East and North Africa. Joint Publications Research Service. 1977. p. 31.
- (20 May 2008), Endres, Gunter, Libya to restructure air transport sector Archived 26 February 2015 at the Wayback Machine, FlightGlobal. Retrieved 20 May 2008
- "Libya avoids paying 80 million euros in Turkish compensation lawsuit". Libya Observer. 30 July 2018. Archived from the original on 1 August 2018. Retrieved 1 August 2018.
- "Sebha, Libya reopens to commercial traffic after closure". ch-aviation. Archived from the original on 1 August 2018. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- OpenStreetMap – Sabha
- Accident history for Sabha Airport at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for Sabha Airport at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in Libya is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Libya location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|