Siem Reap International Airport
|Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport|
Aéroport International de Siem Reap-Angkor
|Operator||Cambodia Airport Management Services|
|Serves||Siem Reap, Cambodia|
Cambodia Angkor Air |
Sky Angkor Airlines
Small Planet Airlines Cambodia
|Elevation AMSL||60 ft / 18 m|
Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport (IATA: REP, ICAO: VDSR) (Khmer: អាកាសយានដ្ឋានអន្តរជាតិសៀមរាបអង្គរ French: Aéroport International de Siem Reap-Angkor) serves Siem Reap, a popular tourist destination due to nearby Angkor Wat. It is the busiest airport in Cambodia in terms of aircraft movements. The airport's new terminal was inaugurated on 28 August 2006. The Cambodian government has plans to replace the airport with a new one, 60 km from Siem Reap.
As of 2008, extensions to the airport's apron and parking areas are taking place. Air Traffic Control is provided by CATS (Cambodia Air Traffic Services), with full approach and aerodrome VHF facilities being housed in the control tower, between the fire station and the domestic terminal. Area control is still provided from CATS Centre in Phnom Penh (Pochentong) VHF frequencies used at Siem Reab are: Tower: 118.000 MHz (AM) Approach: 124.300 MHz (AM) ACC (FIR): 127.500 MHz (AM) Ground (apron): 121.750 MHz (AM) ATIS (WX): 129.950 MHz (AM) Tower – fire 3A: 143.750 MHz (FM) CATS are also responsible for clearing takeoffs and landings of tourist helicopters from the "Big Balloon" site, 3 km away, near Angkor Wat. Both Helicopters Cambodia and Sokha Helicopters operate from the airport, with Sokha mainly operating from the Big Yellow Balloon site. The airport itself is located some 6 km outside Siem Reap, just off National Route 6 north. Runway alignments are 23 & 05, with only 23 being used for takeoff, due to flight restrictions over Angkor temple.
There are a few options to transfer to/from Siem Reap International Airport and the city. Outside the Arrival Hall, passengers can take a taxi provided by the Airport Taxi Association, which costs around $9. A cheaper alternative would be to connect to the Airport's free Wifi or buy a local SIM card with data and book a car or tuktuk ride from Grab, the popular ride-hailing app. The trip to downtown costs on average $6 on the app. Passengers also have the option to rent a car or tuktuk for the whole day from the Grab app for touring the city and Angkor for $25.
- Runway: 2,550 m (8,370 ft) long x 45 m (148 ft) width (with shoulders 2.5m wide each).
- Perpendicular taxiway: length: 240 m (790 ft) width: 20 m (66 ft) and 10 metres of shoulders. Under construction: 1 (length: 600 metres, width: 25 metres and 15 metres of shoulders).
- Number of stands: 10
Airlines and destinations
Passengers and aircraft movements as of 2016:
- Battambang Airport
- Kampong Cham Airport
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- List of airports in Cambodia
- "Cambodia Airports Traffic Data".
- Siva Govindasamy (22 September 2010). "Cambodia eyes new airport for Siem Reap". Flightglobal.
- Airport information for VDSR from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- "Cambodia Airways files operational network from July 2018". Routesonline. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- http://www.cambodia-airports.com/index.php? http://www.rep.aero/en/our-business/traffic-data?field_type_value=All&field_year_value=2014#anchor option=com_trafficdata&Itemid=79&lang=en
Media related to Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport at Wikimedia Commons