Silvercreek Township, Greene County, Ohio
|Silvercreek Township, Greene County, Ohio|
A farmstead on Heifner Road, southeast of Jamestown
Location of Silvercreek Township in Greene County
|• Total||26.4 sq mi (68.5 km2)|
|• Land||26.3 sq mi (68.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,060 ft (323 m)|
|• Density||142/sq mi (54.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086172|
Silvercreek Township is one of the twelve townships of Greene County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 3,738, of whom 1,745 lived in the unincorporated portion of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Ross Township - north
- Jefferson Township, Fayette County - east
- Jasper Township, Fayette County - southeast
- Jefferson Township - south
- Caesarscreek Township - southwest
- New Jasper Township - west
Name and history
It is the only Silvercreek Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Silvercreek township, Greene County, Ohio". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- Broadstone, Michael A. (1918). History of Greene County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 317.
- Dills, R. S. (1881). History of Greene County: Together with Historic Notes on the Northwest, and the State of Ohio. Odell & Mayer. p. 769.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.