|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Buckingham|
|Diocese||Diocese of Oxford|
|Other posts||Area bishop of Buckingham (1984–1994)
Honorary assistant bishop in Winchester (1994–present)
|Ordination||c. 1954 (deacon); c. 1955 (priest)|
|Born||8 November 1928|
|Died||5 August 2015(aged 86)|
|Parents||Hedley & Joan Lovett|
|Spouse||Janet Woodd (m. 1960)|
|Children||2 sons; 3 daughters|
|Alma mater||King's College, Cambridge|
Burrows was born on 8 November 1928. He was the grandson of Leonard Burrows (Bishop of Sheffield) and Neville Lovett (Bishop of Salisbury) and son of Hedley Burrows (Dean of Hereford). He was educated at Eton and King's College, Cambridge.
He was a curacy at St John's Wood, after which he was Chaplain of Jesus College, Cambridge. Following this he was Vicar of Wyken and then (his final appointment before his ordination to the episcopate) of Holy Trinity Fareham.
He died on 5 August 2015 after a short illness.
- Who's Who 1992 “(London, A & C Black ISBN 0-7136-3514-2)
- ‘BURROWS, Very Rev. Hedley Robert’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edition, Oxford University Press, December 2007 , accessed 30 June 2012
- ‘BURROWS, Rt Rev. Simon Hedley’, Who's Who 2012, A & C Black, 2012; online edition, Oxford University Press, December 2011 , accessed 30 June 2012
- “Crockford's clerical directory, 1995” (Lambeth,Church House ISBN 0-7151-8088-6)
- ”Debrett's People of Today 1992” (London, Debrett's) ISBN 1-870520-09-2)
- Parish Web Site
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Buckingham
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|