This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Released||18 July 1981|
|Genre||Progressive Rock; Art Rock|
|Label||Polygram Video ; Chrysalis|
|Director||David Mallet (director)|
|Jethro Tull chronology|
Slipstream is a video by Jethro Tull, recorded during the 1980 A tour, released for the first time in 1981. It was originally released on VHS, Capacitance Electronic Disc, and laserdisc, and was released as a (bootleg) DVD in Brazil (as seen in the cover on the right) in 2003. It is also included in the (2004) bonus DVD edition of A. This bonus-disc DVD is the only official release on DVD.
Slipstream mixed the concert tour with the videos recorded and directed by David Mallett. The London's Hammersmith Odeon was used for exterior scenes, but the main concert footage was actually from an American performance in Los Angeles, at the Los Angeles Sports Arena (as heard on the Magic Piper ROIO), filmed in November 1980. The music videos are:
- "Dun Ringill"
- "Sweet Dream"
- In this a vampire-themed homage to horror movies, Aqualung is pursued by a vampire and — like the prisoner — giant pink balloons. Meanwhile, a ballerina pirouettes (recalling A Passion Play), a giant tarantula emits death rays, and an evil projectionist starts his movie. Luckily, a Nun supplies the right equipment to defeat the vampire.
- "Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll"
- The elderly band is in a giant pinball machine, drinking their tea like the Alice in Wonderland tea party. Features Hot Gossip dancer Perri Lister.
- "Fylingdale Flyer"
- The band is in an air traffic control tower, when they see some impending disaster. The cover of A is taken from this video. RAF Fylingdales (note the 's') is the site of a Ballistic Missile Early Warning System radar situated in the North York Moors National Park, which explains the lyric to the song.
All tracks written by Ian Anderson with additional music material from Eddie Jobson; arranged by Jethro Tull..
|3.||"Dun Ringill" (music video)||2:37|
|4.||"Fylingdale Flyer" (music video)||4:03|
|5.||"Songs From the Wood"||3:35|
|7.||"Sweet Dream" (music video)||4:04|
|8.||"Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll" (music video)||5:37|
|11.||"Locomotive Breath-Black Sunday (reprise)"||6:25|
- Jethro Tull
- Ian Anderson - flute, vocals
- Martin Barre - electric guitar
- Mark Craney - drums
- Dave Pegg - bass
- Eddie Jobson - keyboards, electric violin
- A (1980)