Somerset Airport (New Jersey)
George Walker Field
|Owner||Somerset Air Service, Inc.|
|Location||Bedminster, New Jersey|
|Elevation AMSL||106 ft / 32 m|
Somerset Airport (ICAO: KSMQ, FAA LID: SMQ) is a public-use airport in Somerset County, New Jersey, United States. It is located three miles (5 km) north of the central business district of Somerville and is privately owned by Somerset Air Service, Inc. The airport is also known as George Walker Field.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Somerset Airport is assigned SMQ by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned SMQ to Sampit Airport in Indonesia).
Facilities and aircraft
- Runway 12/30: 2,739 x 65 ft (835 x 20 m), Surface: Asphalt
- Runway 8/26: 1,923 x 100 ft (586 x 30 m), Surface: Turf
- Runway 17/35: 1,700 x 150 ft (518 x 46 m), Surface: Turf
For the 12-month period ending September 5, 2008, the airport had 30,339 aircraft operations, an average of 83 per day, all of which were general aviation. As of 8 January 2015, there are 121 aircraft based at this airport: 93% single-engine, and 7% multi-engine airplanes.
2017 Presidential temporary flight restrictions
Somerset Airport is within a 10-mile radius of the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, and thereby subject to FAA flight restrictions whenever President Donald Trump is in Bedminster. Thus, the airport was shut down from August 4–20, 2017 while Trump resided in Bedminster.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SMQ ( PDF), effective 2015-01-08
- Somerset Airport (official site)
- Somerset Airport: History Archived 2007-08-27 at the Wayback Machine (official site)
- Great Circle Mapper: KSMQ – Somerville, New Jersey (Somerset Airport)
- Great Circle Mapper: SMQ / WAOS – Sampit, Borneo, Indonesia
- FAA regulations for Bedminster area, August 2, 2017
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SMQ, effective August 15, 2019
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|