This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Frequency||102.9 MHz (FM)|
|First air date||April 2005|
|ERP||100,000 watts horizontal|
24,000 watts vertical
|HAAT||272 meters (892 ft)|
|Owner||Rogers Media |
(Rogers Media, Inc.)
|Sister stations||Radio: CKER-FM, CHBN-FM|
TV: CKEM-DT, CJEO-DT
The OK Radio Group Ltd. was granted this license in 2005 as one of three new FM stations in Edmonton.
The station spent its first year broadcasting from a run down oil-field trailer on the property of the Airways Country Inn in Nisku, Alberta. The station founders wanted to get the station on the air as quickly as possible so it was decided they would broadcast from the trailer until their Gateway Boulevard studios were complete. Local media latched on to their "pirate" story, giving them a huge shot in the arm in their first year. In November 2006, Rogers Media acquired CHDI, and sister station CKER-FM.
Since the station was launched in 2005, ratings have been steady around a 6.0 share, peaking at an 8.0 share, 4th place station in spring 2007, however CHDI dropped to a 4.8 share in fall 2008, making it the 10th most listened to station in Edmonton.
Upon inception of the new BBM Canada radio ratings devices, the PPM (Personal People Meter), Sonic has held a steady 8.0 market share and a top 4 or 5 radio station in the Edmonton market. A fact many in the Edmonton market knew to be more accurate with the audience, based on Sonic's prevalence with the listeners. 
CHDI is currently ranked #7 in the market with a 6.3 share according to the Fall 2011 PPM data report released by BBM Canada.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2004-135, Modern Rock FM radio station in Edmonton, CRTC, April 5, 2004
- "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2006-651". CRTC. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- RADIO MEDIA REPORT FINAL ver 2.xls[permanent dead link]
- "RADIO MEDIA REPORT FINAL ver 2.xls" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-02-03. Retrieved 2007-10-01.
- BBM Canada Top-Line Rafio Statistics - S4 2008 Archived 2008-12-02 at the Wayback Machine
- "Fall 2011 Edmonton PPM Ratings". Archived from the original on 2012-05-06. Retrieved 2011-12-12.